Vibration after body mount change polyurethane type

gn dennis

I just changed all my body mounts to poly. Im getting vibration at about 70 MPH is there anything I can do other than change back to rubber? Thanks Dennis

Maybe you are feeling it more with the poly mount change than you did with the rubber.

First thing I would do is have the wheels re balanced and rotated (if possible).

At 70 MPH the drive shaft is spinning quickly also.

Agree with what Michael says. But I would go to a tire shop that does "road force balancing" . Don't know exactly how it works , but I think the balancer simulates weight on the tire and it is supposed to be more precise. I had a jeep Cherokee that had a similar issue and no matter how many times the wheels were balanced the ordinary way, the vibration remained. Got them road force balanced and the vibration was greatly reduced.

I just installed a driver's side HR poly mount a couple months ago. I was concerned that using this mount might cause vibrations I didn't like. However, no such vibration was detected in my case.

I just changed all my body mounts to poly. Im getting vibration at about 70 MPH is there anything I can do other than change back to rubber? Thanks Dennis
Thanks every one for replying, if I find out anything how to fix this or if I need to back to rubber I will let everyone know. Dennis

Thanks every one for replying, if I find out anything how to fix this or if I need to back to rubber I will let everyone know. Dennis
Back to follow up and add to my post. Did more research a learned that the amount of torque that is used on the mounts is important. I went back dropped the value back to 20 lbs, took the car out for a ride on the highway and the vibration is down quite a bit. You will want to monitor the bolts they don't become to loose and fall out. This does not make the car ride softer, what it does is allow the mounts to not transfer vibration to the body.

At some point I'm going to put on the HR trans mount I have. I put it on before, but at the same time I replaced my U joints and with those changes, the car developed a driveline vibration. I assumed it was the mount because others had complained about vibrations after installing the HR mount. I removed it, but surprise, I still had the annoying vibration. Turned out it was the driveshaft. Some problem with my U-joint installation. I fixed that, but still haven't re-installed the HR trans mount. Some day I will.
yup.gif