VB ? with pics

Lee Thompson

Since most of you guys have much more experience with a 200R4 than I. I wounder if anyone has seen this before. I was going through a BR VB today and ran across these 2 things.
The spring was somewhere in the 1-2 shift valve stack up. It fell out when I turned the vb on edge to dump the bore. The spring is about .500 long and maybe a little over 1/4 in. in dia. Thightly wound. The plug looks like it has been drilled and tapped for since it didn't want to to unscrew. Didn't try very hard. I compared this vb to another BR and it does not have anything in the bore. Open to any and all input. Thanks

Attachments

• VB pics 001 (Small).jpg
    VB pics 001 (Small).jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 237
  • VB pics 004 (Small).jpg
    VB pics 004 (Small).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 234
  • VB pics 002 (Small).jpg
    VB pics 002 (Small).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 240
Trans-Go shift kit mods?

Looks like a Trans-Go shift kit parts to me. Hopefully Jake will chime in on this since he knows more about these kits then I do. I have a few different instructions around here I can look at to verify.

Brian

It is a transgo spacer it goes into the 1-2 shift valve jsut did this but i cant remember where it goes in the bore.

2004r bq trans

Hello everyone,Just rebuilt my 2004r myself yesterday all went well thank god.This build was not hard at all thanks to a atsg manual. But there are still troubles unfortunatley,There was no 1-2 shift just like before even thou i installed the transgo shift kit.Messed with the tv cable got the 1-2 shift working ,but sometimes stop's shifting,then i have to pull the cable in and out for it to work again whats the problem with it does anyone know.Then the 2-3 shift stopped working and now all i have is a 1-2 shift that i have to mess with the cable for it to work.Are these valves sticking?Any help would be apreciated.

digging through

Some old papers I found where the spring is supposed to go. It goes on the low valve spool. It is a TransGo kit. Can not find anything on the plug. Also all the shift springs are not the correct one. Will start another thread on that. Thanks for the replys.

Hi Lee,
If thats the old HD2 or 3 Kit then VB casting will be junk. The old kit required holes to be drilled in a couple places that can not be plugged.

Thanks Lonnie

I will look the VB over closely--compare to another--wouldn't suprise me that it is an old kit.

Hello everyone,Just rebuilt my 2004r myself yesterday all went well thank god.This build was not hard at all thanks to a atsg manual. But there are still troubles unfortunatley,There was no 1-2 shift just like before even thou i installed the transgo shift kit.Messed with the tv cable got the 1-2 shift working ,but sometimes stop's shifting,then i have to pull the cable in and out for it to work again whats the problem with it does anyone know.Then the 2-3 shift stopped working and now all i have is a 1-2 shift that i have to mess with the cable for it to work.Are these valves sticking?Any help would be apreciated.

"sorry wrong thread"

Bingo !!!!

Hi Lee,
If thats the old HD2 or 3 Kit then VB casting will be junk. The old kit required holes to be drilled in a couple places that can not be plugged.

Found them. It is actually one hole drilled all the way through from one side to the other.