Vacuum/boost question

Cpro

IMG_1419.JPG
Hey friends my 84 hot air has been picking my brain a little bit. I have owned the car for three years and have learned so much just from reading the forums .

In the past couple weeks ive been noticing my boost gauge has only been reading half of what it normally does.

At wide open throttle is is stuttering and not creating any acceleration power.

I noticed this after running it hard and putting a hanger bolt back into my crooked exhaust.

I am not sure if bolting the exhaust back up straight affected its performance but that was the last time had good boost.

The more I've looked at then engine I've noticed some unique things that I have learned about the pervious mods done to my car.

I have started following the vacuum lines and reading more into the forums and looking for leaks.

I have not modified any of the lines since I've bought it and but have found leaks. Here is a picture of my current situation:

It looks to me as though my waste gate does not have two ports coming off of it and the boost gauge is tied to the single line and my map sensor had just been stuck into the open vacuum block port which leaks.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on the matter. Thanks!

You don't need a two port waste gate actuator. One side is boost and the other vacuum to assist closing but the spring is more than enough. What is t off the waste gate line? Do you have a aftermarket boost controller? I would recommend getting rid of the splices, vac line is cheap and the risk of a leak is removed if you are using a continously piece.

I believe it is the after market boost gauge coming off the splice on the waste gate line

I want to say the waste gate has been converted to an 86-87 setup because there is only one port on the adjustable waste gate.. not sure about that though.

When I disconnect that line spliced in there is no reading on my gauge. But I had also plugged the line with the screw in it into the splice where the boost gauge was plugged in.

Have you verified the boost gauge is reading correctly with a regulator on an air compressor?

I'm not sure if it matters but I t my gauge at the back of the intake where the fp reg gets vac/psi