Vacation in Amsterdam

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Hey all,
Anybody here been to Amsterdam? I'm heading there soon for a week vacation. I spent 3 days there 4 years ago and don't remember much of it. Hmm, wonder why? hehe.

I was thinking of planning a trip around Holland - to Rotterdam, Utricht, or something. Maybe even take a train to Luxembourg city.

Anybody been around Holland and have recommendations for planning my trip?

Thanks!

Your Trip

Damn, damn Amsterdam...most beautiful women in the world. Very safe just don't act stupid. Called the Florence of Northern Europe because of all the canals. Great museums lots of cheap places to eat great food from around the world.

Women, women, women One of the greatest red light districts in the world. Lot's 'o window shopping and nothing is out of bounds just be smart and use a bag for everything.

Roger

Great place to go to

Me and gn85 were there last fall on a weekend trip (since we only live three hours away). It is a great place to visit and almost everybody speaks English. I trust you already booked a hotel since rooms are booked out months in advance. Parking in Amsterdam sucks!!! So make sure your hotel has parking you don't have to pay for because there is no free parking in the whole city! And we payed over $40 for parking for one day (they do check if you paid parking. Fines cost about $150). We suggest the parking at the Olypic stadium where we payed $9 for 24 hours. From there you can take the tram (metro, subway) back to the city and all around. Driving in the city is not recomended since the traffic in the city is absolutely ridiculous.
Forutunately we had a travel book with a lot of tips for restaurants, attractions, etc. At the hotel we took advantage of brochures and tours available of the city as well as from the hotel to other parts of the Netherlands, including Roterdam, The Hague, etc. The tour we took was excellent. We also took a canal tour. Both tours are readily available and speak English as well as German. :)

Of course you know about the red light district. :) Don't bring a jealous spouse. :) The girls are pretty, look healthy and actually checked by the government. If you do have to bring a spouse or significant other, then bring money because Amsterdam is known for their diamond sales. Trust me, one tour of a diamond factory (very common) may end up costing you dearly.

People are pretty friendly, food was good, things are a little pricey, but you are in a tourist city. Girls outside the Red light District are also dressed up for party at 11 o'clock in the damn morning!!

Sorry, that we can't tell you anything about Luxembourg but we heard it is just like Delaware or Rhode Island: You blink, you miss it!

Wish, you would have said something earlier we could have met you there and showed you around.
If you have any further questions, fell free to send me a private message.