V6 N/A buick vs V6 Camaro

oldsracer

Identity Crisis
Okay so its not my GN but my daily (93 buick Century) and I love this car to death. It only cost me $500 because it needed a balancer but anyway, I was cruising up a hill and a new silver Camaro came up around me swerving in and out of traffic. So i decided to make sure they dont get in front of me!! Well we caught the red light and he kept looking over at me giving me dirty looks so I figured what the hell. Light went green and I got the jump so I just calmly pulled ahead not trying to be to obvious but as soon as I heard him get into it and hear that poor thing try I went hammer down and just walked away. At the next light he seemed pretty pissed that a dented up, rusting, maroon, BUICK just beat his brand new camaro. Needless to say he suddenly slowed down and turned off. :D

The new V6 Camaro's are good for mid 14's right off the lot.

The fastest times I could find for a bone stock 93 Buick Century was the 3.3L version at 17.1. ...and the slowest was 18.9 in the 2.2L version....
What mods are you sportin' man?o_O

The new V6 Camaro's are good for mid 14's right off the lot.

The fastest times I could find for a bone stock 93 Buick Century was the 3.3L version at 17.1. ...and the slowest was 18.9 in the 2.2L version....
What mods are you sportin' man?o_O

Chicken, that's why they call this thread kill/ FISH stories.....Sometimes you get the kills and sometime you get the fish story!!! ;)

I tracked mine at 17.5, open track day, its my beater with a heater lol, but believe it or not it happened. Maybe they let off and I didnt realize but I got out in front and stayed in it and we stayed pretty even...

With a 17 second car they were probably just accelerating to the speed limit.

A Toyota camary V6 is Faster 0-60 then the new V6 Camaro. 6.1 vs 6.6 I think. They make power but way too high.

A Toyota camary V6 is Faster 0-60 then the new V6 Camaro. 6.1 vs 6.6 I think. They make power but way too high.

Nope...keep that world beating Camry from over reving trying to keep up.;)
Here's the Motertrend eval....but I've seen other test times as low as 5.8 0-60 for the 5th Gen V6 Camaro....Camry's are in the low 6's but will fall off at the top of th 1/4 compared to the Camaro..it's got decent legs....
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...dai_genesis_coupe_v_6_comparison/viewall.html

and when they reached it and kept goin?

Not trying to be a jerk...but....I've been a long side a lot of guys who thought I was racing when I wasn't...they're over there just jamming away....I'm looking over and saying... "How cute...he thinks I'm racing....tee hee"
;)
Now if you were in your GN...no one would be questioning your kill....but a 93 Century is named such for a reason....it'll feel like a Century before you finish that 1/4 mile....and the Camaro would be about 25-30 lengths ahead of you using the one length per 0.10 quicker ET rule of thumb....

Thanks chicken I wasn't trying to give anyone a hard time either just to figure things out. Sumptin just don't add up.

Not trying to be a jerk...but....I've been a long side a lot of guys who thought I was racing when I wasn't...they're over there just jamming away....I'm looking over and saying... "How cute...he thinks I'm racing....tee hee"
;)

I've done that many times myself. Love doing that to all the doctors around here in their cheapo bottom line Porsches.

Now as for the Century, I'm not sure we have an actual race here. I have a 99 Mercury Grand Marquis (extremely boring to drive that gets 19.4 mpg city) that I have for my son (now 18 and in his own car) and daughter (16) to learn to drive in. I had my son in the Merc, gassed on it at a red ligh and pulled away from a zr-1. Did I beat him? I think not. I told my son "I just showed him what real power was". We both laughed. My son says "wish we had the T or the Stage 1". I'm glad we didn't as a race with a zr-1 would have gotten way to fast for the street.

Mikey

In my early 20's I lost my 73 chevelle to rust. To rebel, I built a 400whp wrx when they first came out. total sleeper,no scoop,wings or emblems. I couldnt tell you how many cars it supprised, or spanked. I never got stuck in snow. my favorite was dropping to 3rd at 70, then punching it. It would fart a two foot flame, and you were warped to double that speed. I used to run it with cut outs and was asked once in traffic if it had a hemi in it. My biggest problem was keeping it together. I beat on that car every day for years. After 3 trannys and 2 motors, the last motor grenading at 165mph, its been molding over in my driveway for 4 years. Replaced with 95 z28, 79 caprice coupe, and the 85 turbo t. I beat on the former two and they dont break. I think ive lost my original thought...lol

Chicken, sounds like the GN has been off the road for too long. You going Chevy on us or what? ;)