Using inline FP...what lph is needed?

Donniejr81

I think the tech guy at Summit fed me some bad info. I bought an inline fuel pump that he assured me would "easily and reliably support 500hp on a fuel injected engine."

The pump has a max psi of 60...ok I think
Buuuut its flow is 43gph which if I did my math correctly equals out to roughly 163lph.

The car starts and idles good. If you crack on it from 1500RPM on up, it revs good. If you crack on it from an idle...definitely hesitates.

Starving for gas? I have mostly stock hot air engine. What lph do our cars need to be happy?

I think the tech guy at Summit fed me some bad info. I bought an inline fuel pump that he assured me would "easily and reliably support 500hp on a fuel injected engine."

The pump has a max psi of 60...ok I think
Buuuut its flow is 43gph which if I did my math correctly equals out to roughly 163lph.

The car starts and idles good. If you crack on it from 1500RPM on up, it revs good. If you crack on it from an idle...definitely hesitates.

Starving for gas? I have mostly stock hot air engine. What lph do our cars need to be happy?

Summit tech...that's why I never order from them. If that pump truly quits at 60 PSI, I personally wouldn't run it. If you're pretty much stock, it *might* be OK, but why chance it? Most single pump guys are running 340 lph pumps. Stock was 255 lph.

255lph? And Im about 163? Yep, Id say thats a big part of my problem...or atleast a good starting point. Looks like its fuel pump upgrade time. Im sure she'll understand lol :biggrin: