UR FOOD Viper ACR

I see now...
At the end, my combos going to be pretty much where yours is.. (less the front mount) I just want to see where I would stand against a viper. By your description, your traction sucks. So if you leaned her out a little more, and got some serious tires (and then, if she still breaks em loose, which i doubt it, tighten up that converter) then I think you would have put a good whoopin on that snake for sure. I can't wait. (i have 28/10.5 et drags and a 2800 10" ptc non lock) I predict a good hook up on the streets. In which case a viper will get whooped after I get these heads ported.

It does a lot better with the DR's than it did with street radials...but traction is still an issue through 1st and early 2nd.

Sounds like you need some 10.5/28 mickey thompson et streets. Pretty much the stickiest option that's legal for the street. They're the biggest tire in width and height that'll fit in a gn wheel well, that have good traction. It's what I may end up getting, if I get harrassed too much with my ET drags.

Since I drive at least 50 miles a day on these DR's, I went with the ones that were supposed to be the best overall for both tread life and improved traction....I put htem on back in October and will be lucky if they last until summer at the rate I'm smoking them.:D

I like this guy.

Chicken, if you ever find yourself in my area with your car, get ahold of me. It's been a while since we've had any turbo Regals around to show the kids what's up. ;)

I'm running Nitto 555r 275/50/15's on stock rims.
Had them on there since October....and they are already smooth in the middle...:D

Boost is set at 21lbs and will creep up to 22 over the duration of a run.

Timing is where Eric set's it...
I have the fuel in the chip pretty much max'd out and the alky set on 6.5.
I intentionally run pretty fat for the sake of safety (O2's are usually 810-830), so there is A LOT left in the tune.

I run 275/60/15 Nitto DR's and they do a good job for me. More tire patch on the ground and your TC should perform better.

I just upgraded from 275 60 15 Nittos to 295 55 15 M/T's - MAN what a difference. Went sideways with the Nittos but flat ass hook the M/T's. 15 x 10 wheels with rolled lip.

I just got these.... Heh, heh, heh.....:D

MT 275 60 15 Drag Radial Pro's

It's supposed to be in the mid 80's this Saturday in Phoenix.

Speedworld, here I come!:)

100_0372.JPG

Since I wrote this...I went back to 275/60/15 street tires cuz I drive a lot and can't afford to buy new Nitto's every 6-8 months.
At the track I still run MT DR's...but I have bought some 28" tall MT 9" slicks and some skinnies mounted to Weld Draglights for my next time to the track.....with my new stroker motor ready to breath deep.:D
Deep n' easy 10's...coming right up....

Pretty impressive to hang with an ACR. I miss my 2008. That thing pulled really well. My GN isn't quite there yet, but getting close. The gremlin that is hurting my GN is that it stops pulling at 5400 RPM, like hitting a rev limiter. So far I haven't figured it out. Still ran an 11.18 in the quarter.

I love reading about these 'kill's. Very good entertainment. :)

Well Chicken,

I went 10.76 @127 tonight on a horrible track.

I was the first car to make a pass tonight and it was a 10.92 @ 124. Then things went kinda sideways. One pass was actually a 12.73 @124 and the car was all over the track...

These new DR's don't like a big burn out, so that took a few drilling the tires scary passes to figure out. Once that was done we had to take out some boost and alcohol.

I already had 7 passes out her when I ran the 10.76 and the track officials were giving me the stink eye so we called it a night.

Still pretty damn fun though.:)

Well Chicken,

I went 10.76 @127 tonight on a horrible track.

I was the first car to make a pass tonight and it was a 10.92 @ 124. Then things went kinda sideways. One pass was actually a 12.73 @124 and the car was all over the track...

These new DR's don't like a big burn out, so that took a few drilling the tires scary passes to figure out. Once that was done we had to take out some boost and alcohol.

I already had 7 passes out her when I ran the 10.76 and the track officials were giving me the stink eye so we called it a night.

Still pretty damn fun though.:)

Geez! I can't believe they give you that many runs without a cage....when I ran my 11.14, the guy told me to slow it down or he'd boot me. Luckily it was the end of the day and I nly had time to get back to the staging lanes before they clsed them, so I went for it again, but lost traction...did an 11.22 on that pass even after loosing my grip at launch.
Came back to the ticket booth for my slip and the guy just shook his head and handed it to me.

Can't wait to get to the track with this new stroker engine Lou is building...it's coming along...gonna be an animal for sure!

Pretty impressive to hang with an ACR. I miss my 2008. That thing pulled really well. My GN isn't quite there yet, but getting close. The gremlin that is hurting my GN is that it stops pulling at 5400 RPM, like hitting a rev limiter. So far I haven't figured it out. Still ran an 11.18 in the quarter.

I love reading about these 'kill's. Very good entertainment. :)

You sure you're not creeping into valve float at 5400 rpm?
Shouldn't be...but....who knows.

Even tho 5400RPM on a Weber motor seems a bit low for float....that's where my money is.....it's either that or ignition issues unless you're running too lean on fuel (You have the injectors...but hows the chip calibration?).
But you have Bison on the case....he know's his stuff big time.;)

Funny how these Buick Turbo 6's behave a lot like GM big blocks....they don't need to rev high to make the power and TQ....and once you start getting into the upper 5K and low 6K RPM range....let the valve float begin unless you have the right springs.

A nice set of Behive springs would do wonders for my ZZ502....but....all the fun money is going to the GN's stroker build right now.

I'm running Nitto 555r 275/50/15's on stock rims.
Had them on there since October....and they are already smooth in the middle...:D

Boost is set at 21lbs and will creep up to 22 over the duration of a run.

Timing is where Eric set's it...
I have the fuel in the chip pretty much max'd out and the alky set on 6.5.
I intentionally run pretty fat for the sake of safety (O2's are usually 810-830), so there is A LOT left in the tune.

Is your build done yet?? I have nothing to read now here in afghan! hurry up! lol

Is your build done yet?? I have nothing to read now here in afghan! hurry up! lol
HEy...stay safe in the sandbox OK....
My block, cam and rotating assy are still at the machine shop waiting their turn but I'm in no rush.

I should have pix of the carnage on the old engine soon. Lou pulled it apart today....snapped the crank, busted a main cap loose, two pistone wedged in their bores, and a couple slapped valves...OUCH!

Having the trans and converter sent back to the builder for a recalibration for the new motor...loosen the stall....raise the shift points....

HEy...stay safe in the sandbox OK....
My block, cam and rotating assy are still at the machine shop waiting their turn but I'm in no rush.

I should have pix of the carnage on the old engine soon. Lou pulled it apart today....snapped the crank, busted a main cap loose, two pistone wedged in their bores, and a couple slapped valves...OUCH!

Having the trans and converter sent back to the builder for a recalibration for the new motor...loosen the stall....raise the shift points....
Ha well 2 1/2 weeks and I'll have some stories to post one here:D