*Update* New personal best 8.344 on street tires

christians87

Beat my previous best time last night of 8.67 with a 8.49 and 2.10 60ft! Only major change was comp 980 valve springs and a new set of plugs. Im surprised they made that big of a difference. Car has stock turbo/intercooler, stock long block, stock converter/trans, ~21 psi boost, 5.6 TT alky chip, alky control, tuned with scanmaster and a wide band, on 255 street tires. Launch at 2000 rpm with 1 psi. It almost feels like its revving a little too high before it shifts so Im going to try adjusting the TV cable next time out and see if I can bring down the shift points slightly. I use the scan master for a tach so its hard to tell exactly what rpm its shifting at due to the slow refresh rate. Does the newer version refresh faster? May upgrade if it does. Anyways, my father caught a video of the action. Not the best but you get the picture. Having trouble posting a photo of the timeslip from photo bucket while at work lol.

I wouldn't be messing with the tv cable unless you want to be doing a rebuild soon

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Brent is right about messing with the TV cable..........

Thanks! What are y'all doing to move shift points around? I may just leave it alone.

Last edited:
Refresh rate is drastically increased by adding a powerlogger. The Scanmaster wires to it and not the ALDL. And you would need the newer chip for the Scanmaster, came with my powerlogger. Or upgrade to the Scanmaster G. Still would need powerlogger.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I may just leave it alone.

82 mph in the 8th is no slouch for a stock setup, leaving it alone is the best way to go.

Or, you can bust out your wallet, go a little nuts and make your wife leave you over a car........... :D

X3 on the cable their is no adjusting just set one way.Had a guy with a new trans let some moron play with that thinking it controlled idle,within a few hours trans was done.You could eat a sandwich between the 2 -3 shift.

Greer Dragway, nice run!I believe I met you and your dad at Ware Shoals last season.

H
Or, you can bust out your wallet, go a little nuts and make your wife leave you over a car........... :D

Is that cheaper than the old Asian hooker and cocaine method to get rid of a wife?

What does and 8.49 8th equate to in the quarter?

Thanks
D

It almost feels like its revving a little too high before it shifts so Im going to try adjusting the TV cable next time out and see if I can bring down the shift points slightly.
need to be carefull with the tv cable, the car needs more line pressure, car should have a shift kit at least,locking the converter will bring rpms down.

Thanks for the tips guys! Im going to leave the tv alone. Will try locking the converter again though. I had tried it earlier in the year and did not see much change in et but now somethings have changed so ill give it another shot.
Greer Dragway, nice run!I believe I met you and your dad at Ware Shoals last season.
Yeah I remember! It was nice meeting you, you've got one nice car! I actually live closer to waresholes but like greer better. The track to me seems a little nicer and its cheaper to get in.

Thanks for the tips guys! Im going to leave the tv alone. Will try locking the converter again though. I had tried it earlier in the year and did not see much change in et but now somethings have changed so ill give it another shot.

Yeah I remember! It was nice meeting you, you've got one nice car! I actually live closer to waresholes but like greer better. The track to me seems a little nicer and its cheaper to get in.

Thanks man and yeah, Greer is a lot better track with a lot nicer cars. Thursday nights just don't work well with my work schedule and they're really strict on having a roll bar.

The difference could be previous 60ft vs the 2.10 and temperature. However, the valve springs might have made the most difference.

Nice run!

Went out to Greer again last night and ran a new best of 8.344! No changes to the car. 2100 rpm launch. 2.013 60ft. 65* outside. Funny thing is this pass was the worst mph of the night at 83.3, best was on my slowest past 86.7. New goal, 1.99 or better 60 on these street tires.

Last edited:
image.jpeg