UPDATE: 9.86@137 stock bottom end

Thanks.
Didnt make it to BG. Plans are to try again one the track reopens in the spring. That 60' would have been a low 9.9x

Speaking of the stock bottom time bomb. This was on my 3rd pass at BG. Going through the traps at 128 mph. The log of the run shows no indication of any issues.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446557462.081309.jpg

This car shows that there are a lot of cars out there with issues, there are plenty of big name stroker engines with high dollar parts, big turbos, xfi, suspensions, shocks,etc that dont run close to this.
this thread should be a must read for a lot of guys(y)

Building a motor is one thing, making it run is another. Ultimately the limits of the internals make the final decision.

One thing you can take to the bank, at this level the stock crank will eventually fail.

Good morning :)

Building a motor is one thing, making it run is another. Ultimately the limits of the internals make the final decision.

One thing you can take to the bank, at this level the stock crank will eventually fail.

Good morning :)
I know Rob and this is not about parts failure....It's about pushing the envolpoe and doing what only a very small percentage of people can do with a TR.....When some said he couldn't get his 3 bolt turbo into the 8's on his Buckeye Bullet he proved he could do it!! May not have been the only one to do it, but again not many here that can do these things!!

I know what it's about. Just sayin. I see a lot of broken cranks and none of them are going that fast.

I know what it's about. Just sayin. I see a lot of broken cranks and none of them are going that fast.
The blocks fail more frequently than the cranks. Though most of them fail because of the crank flex and cap walk. They are after all pretty much throw always anyway. They weren't ever designed to be over 400hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Like you said, most people have a bunch of fancy stuff on their car but don't have it sorted enough to make it run the number, or they're too scared to turn it up.

I thought I was doing good running high 10's on a stock long block.....but this is on another level. Congrats again, good job.

I took the car out to another track that is still open, prep was not too great, and cold. Boost was at 29psi, wideband was 10.9, first and only pass, 1.45 60', 6.29@110 1/8, 9.86@137 1/4. And the car is officially retired from balls to the walls duty.

Just knowing you already pulled a 1.39 sixty foot the first time out, and now ran a 9.86 with a 1.45 sixty foot, that damn thing should of been closer to 9.6 if you matched your first sixty foot. Freaking awesome!

It went 1.34 60' on a pass where the car shut down. I think 9.7 easily. I made 2 changes, put resistor plugs back in it, and the ls1 sensor instead of the truck sensor. I wasnt sure what was causing the shutting down.