Typhoon Exterior Color Breakdown

Team Canada

Team Canada
Does anyone know where I can find out the breakdown of how many of each color was produced by GM?
Specifically for a 92 Typhoon. I am looking at one which is teal over grey. I tried the sy/ty site, but it seems to be all but abandoned. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Go to syty.net. You'll get many replies on this one. Don't know what site you tried, but the .net site is alive and well. Can also check out sportmachines.com. They have alot of production info. I can't recall the # of "Gumby" trucks right now. They are pretty rare though.

Thanks for the input. I went on syty.net and did a little research. So far all I've discovered is they eat their own pretty
quickly!! Not me, but I got that impression reading older threads. I figured it was on the rare side. I've personally never seen
one here on the west coast of Canada. Thanks again for any light on this.

your welcome.

I have a 91 sy so i know a little baout the ty's aswell. The 92 ty's had the door handle gaurds and got leather seats. In 93 the door handle guards were dropped and in came the leather(fat man) seats borrowed from the upscale blazer/jimmy line-up.

sportsmachine has a ton of info there as well. There is also a database listing the trucks and the last 4 digits of the vin and can tell ya the pas manufacture date,

I went to look at the truck in question today and it is dark teal and all one color.
Does this sound like a stock color application? In all my searching I only find the teal/grey combo.
I cant find any evidence of an accident or repaint anywhere.

No its not Gumby green, its darker than that. More like a light forest green.
No roof racks, but all badges are in the correct spots. All cladding and door handle guards in place.
I should look on the roof to see how the holes are filled, that should answer some questions, I suppose?
Like I said earlier though, no signs of a collision. Hmmmm

then if its factory is forest green, some ty's came without rack from the factory. And some came with cladding body colored, look in the glove box for the color codes there should be 2 and post them up and i could tell you what you have

I will get the codes and post them up.
This may take 2-3 days though. I'll grab the vin as well.

All 92's had the cladding a silver/gray with the exception of some of the black trucks. You could get black on black and even then the cladding was not the exact same as the body color. Less gloss. So your truck should be green/gray. The area surrounding the headlamps within the grille should be gray as well. If the grille is 100% green, that was painted as well. In 93, you could get the cladding in body color such as white / white and the grille was fully body color. The seats are different between the 2 years. 92's are unique with gray cloth on the sides and black leather in the center. Some other differences as well such as door handle escutcheons for 92 and roof console for 93. The Typhoon stickers on the doors were different colors for 92 and 93 as well. You can tell if a sticker is a repo. See if it is a one piece or a two piece. OE was one piece (no step at the black surround). Some other small details as well. Post up the pics and we'll see. BTW, the comment on them eating their own, unfortunately there has been alot of that lately and over the years. I am a recent member here and notice a big difference between the sites. I like it.

Back in 96 I bought a Teal/Gray Ty. The seats were a medium/dark gray leather with cloth on the sides with a manual pump air bladder and the headrests(integral)were embroidered with Typhoon in light gray thread. The pump looked just like the one the doctor uses when he takes your blood pressure. If I remember correctly the grill was gray and the GMC letters were red. Back in the day there was alot of discussion if the Ty's came with red or black letters in the grill. Also if I remember correctly, they had came with either color combos. No ryhme or reason. Mine also didn't come with the roof rack, that was an option back then, as was the Delco CD radio. Recently I got my GN towed to the shop and as I was going through it I found my old Ty factory manual. I also have the factory rear mat. I did have the front mats that says Typhoon on them but I'm not sure if they walked away or what. Manual and rug is for sale if you'd be interested.

There is now a breakdown of colors on syty.net Pretty interesting production info. It's a main topic of "conversation" right now so you will most likely find the thread on the first page.

Does anyone know where I can find out the breakdown of how many of each color was produced by GM?
Specifically for a 92 Typhoon. I am looking at one which is teal over grey. I tried the sy/ty site, but it seems to be all but abandoned. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

All but abandoned? Where were you looking? Syty.net is always going strong. All but abandoned to me means no posts in the last month or two.