Twin Turbo LS Gbody

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Starting this thread now but I'm almost done with the combo this is simply to help others with info that I struggled with.
#1 don't believe anything online every combo is different some things work for others and won't work for you.
#2 think outside the box
#3 have fun

I'm a purest love my v6, however the LS bug hit me. I purchased a very very clean 84 Ttype I mean clean no rust interior spotless. 84 Hot Air comes with the basics for a build 8.5 rear - Hydroboost - Turbo hood - bucket interior center console. The v6 got home and it had a blown HG so I yanked it to get ready for the LS monstrosity.
Made up my mind quickly I want something easy and not break bank nor my head. Which ultimately I did both.
Searched for a LS online of course the 6.0 but 2500 + for junkyard shit was excessive found a "5.3" from a parted 2500 express van 2006- once I tore it apart it was really a 4.8 whatever got it for 900 bucks no alternator or starter LS stuff is expensive in Fl.
Enough Talking pictures

image.jpg

image.jpg

Screw the motor I want to see pics of that B body. 71? I had a 71 caprice and I love the ride of that car. Brother has a 72 impala.

Screw the motor I want to see pics of that B body. 71? I had a 71 caprice and I love the ride of that car. Brother has a 72 impala.
Lol 71 impala convertible Mint!!!! 19k miles sold it someone had to have it cashed me out on it. I regret it

Of course new motor needs new paint won't post paint pics just a few of when it was getting wet sand and buffed

image.jpg

image.jpg

Patience and degreaser

Not pictured here Spohn LS mounts went on eBay got fabricated clam mounts for a 2001 Camaro LS1

image.jpg

Painted engine compartment Wanted AC so AC box and components were kept wheel wells removed to clean and paint and to have some more access

image.jpg

Back to Engine so I thought I had a 5.3 when took the heads off and saw the flat tops I knew something was off sure enough 4.8 no problem I'm optimistic I'll make it work or feed it as much boost as it can hold.
Needed heads to bump up my compression and give me flow originally wanted 317s but it would be a turd with the 48. After much research-Pricey but got a used set of 243s had them redone milled new springs keepers port and polish etc...
HG I went with GM multilayer Ls9
Studs Arp pricey fuckers
Decided to go with eBay headers 190 bucks and wanted to fab up and go single big turbo. Accessories was another issue wanted Fbody wp swap for clearance so ditched the ugly truck intake went with an LS1 for clearance. Bought a Goat Built accessory kit which didn't work for me had to try something else so I put that aside.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Motor cleaned up freshened new timincg chain Oil pump decided on a ls9 cam so had to buy a ls2 cover cam sensor in front - Cleaned and painted all up with a quick mock up again I had to redo a bunch of it I just going step by step.
Oil pan was the LS hot rod swap same as hummer pan

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looking good! Are the headers the obx stainless works look alikes and have u tried them in car wondering if they clear a/c box on firewall?
Thanks

Looking good! Are the headers the obx stainless works look alikes and have u tried them in car wondering if they clear a/c box on firewall?
Thanks