Twin Turbo Buick GS Project

"Slacker" ;)

YOU calling me a slacker?

Here's another video after a little tuning. The sound isn't the best due to it being a cell phone camera and the fans blowing in the background. Idles smooth as silk with no IAC.

Sounds like you've been tweaking on it a little Will. So calm and docile, hard to believe it's the same motor in Nelson's video.

Can't wait to see it going down the road for a little cruise. I love how quiet the full exhaust makes it, definitely has a nice tone.

Now get busy, I want to go for a ride...

Didn't realize it's been so long since I posted an update here. Believe it or not we are STILL working on this thing. What appeared to be good body work when I bought the roller turned out to be not so good after it came back from the media blaster. Since NOS parts are hard to come by on these cars, it's taking a lot of time to fix what's there. Managed to knock another 50-60#s of weight out of the car by removing the factory crash bars in doors. A lot of trick shaving, filling, rolling, etc going on here - some that's obvious like the flush door handles and some other tricks that will probably go unnoticed unless it's parked next to a stocker. It's great to finally see it starting to come together - well sort of anyway.........

Let's get the lead out and wrap this thing up already Wilkerson, this build thread is coming up on five years.

And I thought my builds took forever...:whistle:

I'm not worried about Evans. He knows he doesn't have room to talk. I'll have this car done before he gets that little engine swap of his done. Two years to change an engine.......just sayin

Didn't realize it's been so long since I posted an update here. Believe it or not we are STILL working on this thing. What appeared to be good body work when I bought the roller turned out to be not so good after it came back from the media blaster. Since NOS parts are hard to come by on these cars, it's taking a lot of time to fix what's there. Managed to knock another 50-60#s of weight out of the car by removing the factory crash bars in doors. A lot of trick shaving, filling, rolling, etc going on here - some that's obvious like the flush door handles and some other tricks that will probably go unnoticed unless it's parked next to a stocker. It's great to finally see it starting to come together - well sort of anyway.........

This is a long thread and I apologize for not skimming through it from the beginning. However, I would like to know more about that frame and undercarriage bracing. Looks bad-ass! For drag or road use?

This is a long thread and I apologize for not skimming through it from the beginning. However, I would like to know more about that frame and undercarriage bracing. Looks bad-ass! For drag or road use?
Looking good Will. Thanks for the parts.

Forget my last question. I just looked through the rest of this thread. Wow! I can't ask any questions any more for fear of a brain seizure.:wacky:

Will, can you still see the light at the end of the tunnel or did the bulb burn out and you are in the process of finding another one! ?! I can't believe you haven't completed this build already. I pulled my little V6 out after coming back from the 2013 Power Tour to beautify, replace the steering box and PM brakes with a HB system and nothing has been done.....yet.....!

Will, can you still see the light at the end of the tunnel or did the bulb burn out and you are in the process of finding another one! ?! I can't believe you haven't completed this build already. I pulled my little V6 out after coming back from the 2013 Power Tour to beautify, replace the steering box and PM brakes with a HB system and nothing has been done.....yet.....!

Give the guy a break. I am seeing this thread for the first time and I need a vacation just to take it all in:jawdrop::LOL:

YOU calling me a slacker?

Here's another video after a little tuning. The sound isn't the best due to it being a cell phone camera and the fans blowing in the background. Idles smooth as silk with no IAC.

TURN YOUR PHONE SIDEWAYS !!!!!!!

Will! We need an update......we need an update......we need an update!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This is going to be sick.. and my 2nd fav turbo buick of all time. Can't wait to see it completed. Keep it up.. some of us are living vicariously through you here on this :)