Turbonetics 6665 ?

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Is this turbo to big for my set up ? and I am still running a stock tranny and converter . Please note I do know I have to upgrade on some stall . Thoughts Please and thank you

Is this turbo to big for my set up ? and I am still running a stock tranny and converter . Please note I do know I have to upgrade on some stall . Thoughts Please and thank you
It's just a matter of time, think you already know this. Your trans is going to boom, hello!!!!!

Thank you guys for the reply's , I know I would need some stall and yes its only a matter of time for the tranny . I believe I will stick with my 49 , Only reason asking bout the 6665 is that is was a good deal . But I'm not ready to open the engine up just yet and really don't have the $$$$ at this time to do so . You guys have a good weekend Keith

Yes.

If it is a great deal and you eventually plan to upgrade the cam/heads/converter, then it might be worth picking up to hold on to....if it is a great deal, that is.

There will be another good deal when you're ready. Be patient.

One thing I have learned from my 13 years being into these cars, is that there will ALWAYS be another great deal if you have patience.

Something to keep in mind is that most Buick owners are concerned with what looks cool and having the newest stuff, which means people are constantly selling excellent, barely-used, parts for a fraction of their cost new.

I know of at least 2 vendors that have multiple customers that just like clockwork, every year they upgrade their setups to buy the newest stuff, even if they don't need to.

Point being- be patient. Wait for great deals. Enjoy what you have.

I was 17 when I bought my first GN, and patience and reading has been my greatest ally over the last 13 years.

-That one dude with a screenname that makes him look like a stoner when he actually isn't...

Yes.

If it is a great deal and you eventually plan to upgrade the cam/heads/converter, then it might be worth picking up to hold on to....if it is a great deal, that is.

One thing I have learned from my 13 years being into these cars, is that there will ALWAYS be another great deal if you have patience.

Something to keep in mind is that most Buick owners are concerned with what looks cool and having the newest stuff, which means people are constantly selling excellent, barely-used, parts for a fraction of their cost new.

I know of at least 2 vendors that have multiple customers that just like clockwork, every year they upgrade their setups to buy the newest stuff, even if they don't need to.

Point being- be patient. Wait for great deals. Enjoy what you have.

I was 17 when I bought my first GN, and patience and reading has been my greatest ally over the last 13 years.

-That one dude with a screenname that makes him look like a stoner when he actually isn't...
Thanks for the info , But your right I should enjoy what I have and worry bout upgrading when the time comes .

Thanks for the info , But your right I should enjoy what I have and worry bout upgrading when the time comes .

You truly are better off taking this approach.

A perfect example: Right now I am helping a guy look for a 109 block (maybe a built longblock if the deal is right) and about a week ago he was so worried about not being able to find a 109 block, or even a built motor for a good deal... well if you look at the classifieds just a few days later, sure enough there were multiple 109's available. Everything from that guys TSM 109, to a basic stock block.

Point I am trying to illustrate is that although it may not seem like another deal will even come along again, with patience and perseverance they will always be around.

Educating yourself right now is your best ally. I would wager that as you begin to learn, ask questions, and realize that most information on this board should be taken with a grain of salt, you will start to develop friendships and connections that will open the doors for you in terms of parts that you never thought obtainable.. I can say that I have experienced this personally more than you would probably believe.

People will almost always be willing to educate you. It will be your actions that will keep them willing to teach or to stay reserved. If people spend the time to teach you (and these are people you should be listening to) and you ignore it, then they will typically keep their knowledge to themselves. Just a heads up. :)

You truly are better off taking this approach.

A perfect example: Right now I am helping a guy look for a 109 block (maybe a built longblock if the deal is right) and about a week ago he was so worried about not being able to find a 109 block, or even a built motor for a good deal... well if you look at the classifieds just a few days later, sure enough there were multiple 109's available. Everything from that guys TSM 109, to a basic stock block.

Point I am trying to illustrate is that although it may not seem like another deal will even come along again, with patience and perseverance they will always be around.

Educating yourself right now is your best ally. I would wager that as you begin to learn, ask questions, and realize that most information on this board should be taken with a grain of salt, you will start to develop friendships and connections that will open the doors for you in terms of parts that you never thought obtainable.. I can say that I have experienced this personally more than you would probably believe.

People will almost always be willing to educate you. It will be your actions that will keep them willing to teach or to stay reserved. If people spend the time to teach you (and these are people you should be listening to) and you ignore it, then they will typically keep their knowledge to themselves. Just a heads up. :)
I do understand what you are saying and I thank you for your time and knowledge

I do understand what you are saying and I thank you for your time and knowledge

oh...I didn't mean all that in some passive-aggressive way or anything.... I genuinely meant it like a "as you go through life and learn about these cars....*drift off into the distance*.." kinda way

I got you , I have learned if you ask a ? on here be ready for all kinda reply's . I'm pretty good at sitting back and taking in all the info that comes my way . Its like anything else , some folks think they know it all .

Your mods should be good for 11s with some drag radials. Have you run it?

Thank you guys for the reply's , I know I would need some stall and yes its only a matter of time for the tranny . I believe I will stick with my 49 , Only reason asking bout the 6665 is that is was a good deal . But I'm not ready to open the engine up just yet and really don't have the $$$$ at this time to do so . You guys have a good weekend Keith
When I was ready to upgrade to Precision 6265, I was told by everyone to upgrade my transmission. Engine mods were already in process.

Even when you catch up to that turbo with future mods as stated above it still might not be the best choice, it has a very heavy cast comp wheel compared to the hpc billet and mfs stuff...run out the 49 first then make a decision:D

Even when you catch up to that turbo with future mods as stated above it still might not be the best choice, it has a very heavy cast comp wheel compared to the hpc billet and mfs stuff...run out the 49 first then make a decision:D

What sleeper said, he has said it best. The TA49 is a proven tough stop light warrior . It has and does surprise a lot of people.