Turbobuick weight

434nova

Went to weigh my car at the local waste management and it came in at exactly 3600#s without a driver. I think the scale is wrong honestly i cant see it weighting so much. My car has fiberglass bumpers , aluminum heads, aluminum bumper brackets , it has a fab 9 housing with aluminum center section and drag disc brakes in the rear ,40 spline axles that are star flange and gun drilled. I do have a eastern front mount intercooler which I can see ad weight. Also i am running billet specialties streetlite wheels that are light. Skinnies in the front and a 15 x 10 in the rear. I do also have t tops. I'm thinking it should of weighed in around 3300#s. Car also had nothing in the trunk 4 gallons of gas.. What do you guys weigh and what do you think I should come in at. Thanks

3480 with me in it. Confirmed on CAT scales. I weigh 165. Power seats and windows. T Top car.

Billet Specialties Rims
LT1 Starter
FBody Rad Swap
Aluminum Drums
AC Delete/Heater Box Retained
Aluminum Driveshaft
FIberglass Front Bumper
Stock Rear Bumper/Aluminum Insert
Sound Deadener Removed
Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
Jack/Spare Tire Removed
Front And Rear Aluminum Bumper Shocks

Last edited:
Went to weigh my car at the local waste management and it came in at exactly 3600#s without a driver. I think the scale is wrong honestly i cant see it weighting so much. My car has fiberglass bumpers , aluminum heads, aluminum bumper brackets , it has a fab 9 housing with aluminum center section and drag disc brakes in the rear ,40 spline axles that are star flange and gun drilled. I do have a eastern front mount intercooler which I can see ad weight. Also i am running billet specialties streetlite wheels that are light. Skinnies in the front and a 15 x 10 in the rear. I do also have t tops. I'm thinking it should of weighed in around 3300#s. Car also had nothing in the trunk 4 gallons of gas.. What do you guys weigh and what do you think I should come in at. Thanks
I don't think the scale is very far off. My GN is equipped approximately like yours and I weighed it at Bowling Green in '15 coming on the return road after having made my personal best run ever and it was 3,800#s with me in it. Take off 200#s for me and it comes close to your car (3,600#s)
I also have aluminium heads, aluminum bumper brackets, a Dana 60 rear end with big axles, spool, etc, 4 wheel disc brakes, an 8 point roll cage, a huge Cotton's front mount intercooler and Weld RT-S wheels all around.

Claude.

Without me
DC863C9D-5753-4C0B-A3A1-FD5CF1823796.jpeg

This scale is at the recycling center so I know it’s accurate becuse they pay money according to what this scale says . Glass bumpers,hood no AC , fenderwells ,6 point mild steel cage , th400 , and frame boxing has added abunch or weight back .

my car weighs 3450# with me in it, I'm 180. so without me 3270#. No fiberglass parts. aluminum drums, 15x8 and 15x4 old school weld pro stars, baseline rear arms TRZ ARB. and front arms. rjc fmic a/c iron heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3500 lbs ( 3670 lbs with me in it ) at Peidmont Dragway , fully optioned car , Iron heads , air , power seats . Also aluminum bumper backers , front tubular upper & lower control arms , Willwood front disc , fabricated 9" , Champion billet wheels

seems right to me but theres little bits that add up when your looking for lightest ,
my 86GN hardtop mild roll bar th400 33spline 8.5 spool alum drums , fglass hood and bumpers alum bumper struts, oe fuel tank dbl pumper, cmoly ds loop cm trans crossmember v1 fmic, optima yellow battery was at 3450-3520 with driver and full tank depending on what tires i had on it
made some changes and got rid of some weight this past week ,,tipped scales at 3195 with me in it .. 3020 car only

my 87 ttop GN... full cm cage, champ alum head jesel , 109 forged ,champ race intake , th400rmvb , carbon fiber shield , 3.5 cm driveshaft , ford 9 nodular 35spline , cotton fmic, alum rad dual fans, 10 gal alum fuel cell , wolfe swaybar wolf lcas , spohn lower a arms , tubular upper a arms , ridetech coilovers , trz rack , vac brakes , strange 4piston disc at all corners , weld alumastar rims 275 pro drag radials ,ac delete plate, full oe interior with kirkeys fiberglass hood bumpers decklid ,cm loop ,cm xmember, lightened oe rad support is just over 3025 lbs car only
i got murphs T down to under 2900 car only but he has fiber glass doors with power windows, manual brakes

Last edited:
Man I thought it would weigh less. I'm gonna try a place that does scrap metal to see if it's the same. I'm gonna have to put my buick on a diet.

Man I thought it would weigh less. I'm gonna try a place that does scrap metal to see if it's the same. I'm gonna have to put my buick on a diet.
That’s where I weigh mine and the best part is it’s free . I just drive up park on the scale and she even gives me a print out :)

This scale is at the recycling center so I know it’s accurate becuse they pay money according to what this scale says
Not necessarily so....All they are interested in, is the difference in wt between loaded and unloaded....

an easy way you could see if it's accurate is by placing a couple known weights on it. 45lb plates from a gym seems ideal.

on another note, if you wanted to known the weight of distribution of your car using a scale like Chris has, would it be correct to drive the front wheels onto the scale then raise the rear of the car by driving on planks of wood or any other method of evening out the height of the front and rear? one thing I learned is the weight distribution of a car plays a factor into which tire (slick or radial) potentially could yield the best results at the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was 3441 without me in it. 87 T with T-tops. Notable items related to weight:
- No power options (seats, windows, locks, trunk)
- Working A/C
- Aluminum bumper supports
- Aluminum heads
- Aluminum GN1 radiator
- Aluminum radiator plate
- Aluminum drum in rear
- Aerospace front brakes
- RJC pulleys
- RJC FMIC
- RJC crossflow exhaust
- Rear UMI control arms, HR sway bar
- LT4 starter
- GTA wheels
- No spare tire or jack
- Half tank of gas

scarlett weight.jpg

With pretty much everything stock I weighed-in at 3810 with me in the car at Milan Dragway. Hopefully I've lost some since, I have GNX knock offs and the rest is listed in my sign.

Mine was 3558 without driver and a half a tank of gas on an intercomp scale set that's accurate to a quarter pound per plate.

Steel bumpers, aftermarket seats, iron heads, Wilwood front brake kit may have shaved a few. Rear disc brakes actually weigh more than the drums did. Car also still has factory undercoating on it, which is at least fifteen pounds of goo.