turbo link

jon_we4

Cold Fusion Monkey
Has anyone made a bootable DOS cd that has turbo link on it?

I don't need to save any data.

I loaded XP pro on my laptop because TL3.0 will work on it....but 2.13 wont
:(

*DOH*

Do you have a floppy drive? If so, the master disk is bootable. You can just boot off it, then "CTRL C" out of the batch file and run it from there.

Have you tried the "DOS Compatibility" options in XP? Even though we are an MSDN shop, we haven't really done much with XP yet, so I don't know if that'll help.

Finally, gimme a shout if you are still looking for one ... the problem with a DOS bootable CD is that it needs to load the ATAPI CD drivers to access the CD ... which is kind of a chicken and the egg deal with DOS.

nope...dont have a floppy drive for the laptop.

My car isnt drivable yet. I just want to hook it up to make sure it connects and everything.

I ran the program on my XP workstation ....with out it hooked up to the ECM. It ran. Would it stop running when it tries to connect?

I didn't think a bootable DOS cd would be too hard. I could figure it out.

I was kinda hoping that you'd just say " dont worry about it .... i'll send you 3.0 " ;)

The program runs fine in any of the Windows versions ... the problem is it won't connect under 2000/XP, since they block direct access to the hardware.

Try it under DOS compatibility mode and see if it connects (I doubt it)...

As far as sending 3.0 ... it's nice to have dreams! :) Especially since we are thrashing to get it to the point where it makes sense to have Beta testers try it ... gotta love Microsoft, always full of surprises! :)

nope.....DOS compatability mode did not connect today

so yea.....just send that 3.0 beta over ;)