TTA tranny problem

slotype

When I take off normal it seems to shift fine but if I get on it hard it will stay in first till it hits the rev. limiter. If I get on it hard and let it get to 5000 rpm and let off it will shift to second then I can
floor it again.It shifts fine after that ,at the right shift points too.
A friend of mine adj. the cable ,it didn't help,he knows what he's doing too.If yall have any ideas please help thanks:confused:

The reason I asked...

is because the stock valve springs on these V6s are notorious for getting really tired rather quickly. What happens then is you begin to induce valve float at or just before the WOT shift point leading one to believe that the engine is up against the rev limiter.

Something to consider.

I believe its in the rev limiter cause it will as I say bounce off the limiter. Then you can let off then it will shift .

same symptoms

i have exact same symptons. major reason why i dont race from a dead stop. previous owner put in lt1 valve springs. so im pretty sure its not the valve float. under wot itll hit the rev limiter till i let off then itll shift. i think im going to jimmys and see if he can do a line pressure test for me .

Hey cosmo if you figure out anything let me know .I will do the same here.What kind of car do you have?

i have a 87 t type. and ya ill let ya know whats wrong with it when i figure it out.