!!!tta Motor Mounts?!?!?!?!?!

sheckyZ28

I purchase an '89 TTA motor for my '92 Camaro. Im about ready to drop it in, except for the fact that I can't figure out these motor mounts. I have included pictures. I'm thinking he gave me GN motor mounts since they match up with those at a parts store. The TTA ones looks totally different. I also can't figure how these mounting brakets picture mount up to my crossmember. Do I have to drill new holes, or are these even the right ones? Let me know, please. I am ready to get this engine in. Thanks.

http://www.mattsgarage.net/mm1.jpg is the picture of what was sent with the TTA engine.

http://www.mattsgarage.net/mm2.jpg is a picture of the motor mounts and brackets

http://www.mattsgarage.net/mm3.jpg the brackets.

Please help.

dammm eyes are goin ...;)....thought #1 was the mount an the "plate"....I have pics here someplace

I know that it would be ALOT easier to get the original TTA motor mounts. But what would I need to do to get these ones to work?

So were can I get those plates? Someone suggested that I check out how the 95-present 3.8 fits in the current F-bodies. How would that work or will it?

Well if you figure out how to get the fourth gen mounts to work, you will be a hero and solve alot of people's problem since the brackets for the '89 TTA's is discountinued and impossible to find.

Before I become a hero, I need some questions answered. One, how similar are the current RWD Series II 3800 blocks to that of the 86/86/89 buick 3.8 block? Next, has anyone put a new Series II block into a third gen? Im about to run to the parts store and look at the motor mount for a 95-present 3.8 and see if it will work anywhere on my '92 camaro crossmeber or '89 TTA block.

WHats up,I would just call the guy who sole you the stuff and demand the mounts.He sent you the wrong stuff.No reason to buy a tta motor if you are going to use GN mounts.TTA stuff will let you bolt everything in no problems:cool: Hop this helps

I emailed him and he said that the guy before him had the engine rebuilt. At that time they replaced a broken motor mount, and beacause of problems finding both TTA motor mounts, they swaped to a GN style mount and braket.
<br>
So my question is now, how do I make a GN style motor mount and braket work with my F-Body????

You dont. Try contacting either Paul at HR Parts n Stuff or Steve Kaminski as both of these guys were making reproduction TTA mounts.

Forget looking anymore. Im just going to fabricate some brakets. Using my brakets with existing holes, on a 3.8 in a F-body with Grand National motor mounts. Im guessing im taking down more than one bird with this stone. And then I can also be a "hero" to whoever wants to do this swap into an f-body since ill make a few pairs. Sure Im going to have to put the engine in and out a few time to line everything up, but i should be worth it.

SheckyZ28, UR50SLO (Done a few 3rd gen swaps) says to just weld the "saddles" to the frame of the camaro. I'm going to drop my motor in with the saddles bolted to the motormounts, put a couple of bolts into the tranny and make sure everything lines up, then tack weld the saddles, pull the motor back out after unbolting the mounts, then just weld away. I don't see a problem with the welding unless you ever decide that you want to take them out.......