Trans wines

LSTTYPE

Hello, my brother recently purchased a t type from my cousin that has brand new transmission. The car shifts great but has a wine to it when it's in drive. It seems to quite down or go away at highway speeds. The transmission was rebuilt when my cousin owned the car because it wined. We were told it was the pump but obviously that wasn't it because the wine has returned. Any ideas what this could be?

Hello, my brother recently purchased a t type from my cousin that has brand new transmission. The car shifts great but has a wine to it when it's in drive. It seems to quite down or go away at highway speeds. The transmission was rebuilt when my cousin owned the car because it wined. We were told it was the pump but obviously that wasn't it because the wine has returned. Any ideas what this could be?

Does it wine when you are stationary or only when you are moving?

To be clear...It wines when you put it in gear. Do you have to be moving or does it do it as soon as you put it in gear?

Same thing happened to me. If it's in park or neutral it might be a front pump. But gear or reverse is most likely the converter. Easy change