Trans Brake

your converter will affect what you get boost vs rpm , i usually leave at 8-9psi 4100 1.40s th400 3500#

your converter will affect what you get boost vs rpm , i usually leave at 8-9psi 4100 1.40s th400 3500#
This is interesting. Is this true with the use of a transbrake and 2 step limiting rpm? Once mine hits the 2 step it builds boost quick. 2800rpm 5psi, 3200 rpm 10psi, and 3800rpm it will build max boost. Once off the brake the converter will flash to 5400rpm.

This is interesting. Is this true with the use of a transbrake and 2 step limiting rpm? Once mine hits the 2 step it builds boost quick. 2800rpm 5psi, 3200 rpm 10psi, and 3800rpm it will build max boost. Once off the brake the converter will flash to 5400rpm.

On a radial I leave at about 3300 and 12-14 psi, gets me in the 1.4s. Never tried a tire that can take a hit like a slick, but I'm sure the car could put down even better 60'.

I use a CO2 boost controller, so boost is adjustable irrespective of RPM. I think the car could use a little more RPM on the launch but about the same power.

I have always tried to get just over the converter stall speed while on the brake. This is a TH400 car

What does it feel like with a T-brake launch? Like a manual trans car popping the clutch? Or a firm solid push after releasing the button? I have visions of the rear view mirror fly off and cracking the windshield...

What does it feel like with a T-brake launch? Like a manual trans car popping the clutch? Or a firm solid push after releasing the button? I have visions of the rear view mirror fly off and cracking the windshield...
I have never used my Tbrake yet , been in the car since about 2009. I launch off the foot brake at 2900 rpms , 5 psi and have been 1.46 ....the rearview mirror has launched off of the glass several times and hit my helmet. I can't wait to get my car setup to handle the Tbrake

Bryan

You should foot brake above idle to take up driveline "slack" hit the t brake and release the foot brake.

After you activate the trans brake and release the foot brake you will unload the driveline.