TR6 & individual Coil Mounting

t3intercooled

Hey guys, I have a question. I was interested in getting the TR6 unit and I came across the pic here and wanted to set mine up the same way. I LOVE how the wires are so short instead of stretching the wires from behind the plenum to each plug, its so clean! So I was curious if anyone has their car setup like this and if so, can you show pics of the TR6 mounting/wiring as well has how to mout the coils to the valve covers? Thanks in advance for your time and effort!
0ee7f5f59898f94f2611c543de744a0c.jpg

Bison and I have a bracket solution that will fit in a car with A/C and all the stock accessories. As of now Bison has installed his but in the finishing stages of cleaning up the wiring. FYI - not all the individual coils are equal. We developed this bracket system to use the most bad ass CNP coil available.

If you don't have A/C, than there are many other more cost effective options to mount directly to the valve cover.

Some early trial fitting pictures here.
http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/pantera-coil-brackets-for-bb-ignition-and-stock-intake.448056/

cal hartline sells a very clean set of coil mounting brackets for around $ 45. use 1/4-20 allthread and coupler nuts. tr-6 box with coil near plug harness. non heat sink truck coils,with truck wires. this system has cleaned up idle and driveability. pulled stock system off a car on dyno,put this on saw 14hp increase,this being only change. tr-6 wires about 3500 ohms,stock gm wire about 100 ohms still keep around .030 plug gap.detuned weber stroker 500rwhp

cal hartline sells a very clean set of coil mounting brackets for around $ 45. use 1/4-20 allthread and coupler nuts. tr-6 box with coil near plug harness. non heat sink truck coils,with truck wires. this system has cleaned up idle and driveability. pulled stock system off a car on dyno,put this on saw 14hp increase,this being only change. tr-6 wires about 3500 ohms,stock gm wire about 100 ohms still keep around .030 plug gap.detuned weber stroker 500rwhp
Does anyone have pics of these brackets installed?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

IMG_0519.JPG
Here is a picture of the hartline bracket on my car. When I ordered (last year?) they said it was the last they had, but maybe they've had another batch made. The hole alignment was bad, had to open them up a bit for them to align with valve covers. The studs/nuts are ARP, the nylon spacers and blingy bolts are local hardware stuff, the coils and wires were from ebay.

:-( It looks like they stopped making them because the new XR-1A high output coils they carry don't fit the brackets. They now mount in the stock location.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The XR-1 coils are really good but the full size Pantera, Holley,AEM coil is way better. BTW all made by the same manufacture and about the same price. So just get the best coil for the money.
AG.