TR turbo protector

belsie

Looking for opinions and experience with the TR turbo protector, I'm sure they make quality products and it seems like a good idea but it pays to "trust yet verify" Any feedback is appreciated.................

I have one. It is not cheap but I think it is the best one on the market. Cheap insurance if your oil gets contaminated. It will save the turbo.

I've got one too. Purchased it same time I got my DBB turbo.
Works great! Am very pleased with it.
I'd highly recommend it. As a bonus......Mark is a great vendor to deal with as well. (y)

Looking for opinions and experience with the TR turbo protector, I'm sure they make quality products and it seems like a good idea but it pays to "trust yet verify" Any feedback is appreciated.................
Gosh, my thinking was that everyone had gotten one from Mark. Mark does not sell junk, whatever part you buy from him is great or he would not sell it. One of the best vendors ever.

OR, you can make your own with some braided lines, an oil filter bracket, and standard oil filter....

Could you elaborate please, no pics came over?

Braided line which replaces steel oiling line from oil sender location w/ appropriate fitting, to oil filter relocation bracket. Other short braided line from filter bracket to turbo oil inlet. Hence, all oil is filtered before it goes through the turbo.

Attachments

• Picture 016_zpsbhz5askx.jpg
    Picture 016_zpsbhz5askx.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Very nice !! Could one also use the factory oil cooler adapter (blocking the return fitting) feeding thru a filter over to turbo?

Very nice !! Could one also use the factory oil cooler adapter (blocking the return fitting) feeding thru a filter over to turbo?

Whatever you can plumb with the oil coming out of the turbo specific oil filter and into the turbo oil inlet. A system like this also offers the advantage of two oil filters instead of one. By the way, this system definitely helps with a turbo's longevity.