TR meet at Waterford Lakes

BlackBeauty

Hey guys & girls, how's it going? When I bought my GN, the previous owner told me about the meets up at Waterford Lakes on the first Sat. of each month. And someone on this message board already mentioned it too. What time do you all meet up and where specifically, cause that's a large plaza. I'll try to make it out there if I get some replies. I normally meet up with the Nissan guys (I used to have a 240sx before the Mr2 t), now we meet up with everyone on the corner of 436 and 50. I'd like to meet up with some other GN owners out on Alafaya and 50.

Unfortunately, that whole Waterford Lakes event has been cancelled. George Macedo (Central FL TR club pres) has mentioned that the Seminole Towne Center will be the next location for our meets.

Mike

Crap, Seminole Town Center? That's even further out. The Nissan folks meet out on 50, about a mile west of 436 in the Bennigan's parking lot. It's mostly 240sx's and z31's. Then a huge meet (all cars) formed across the street at Best Buy, and we started going there. That got busted repeatedly by the cops, so now it's on the corner of 436 and 50 (NE corner). There are different groups, the Fox-body group, the RX-7/Supra guys, unfortunately a lot of Civics and the usual. And what sucks is, when that gets busted up, then many people go to the old Nissan meet and screw that up by doing burn-outs as they leave.

Edit: This all goes on Sat. nights from about 10:30-12:30 or so.

yup, unfortunately, a lot of informal gatherings are giving a bad name to the good ones. Shopping centers dont want the hassle with trash cleanup, burnouts, cops, insurance liabilities etc.

as mentioned above and in another thread i posted, we'll be going to the Seminole Towne Center Mall on Jan. 5th. This may or may not be a temporary solution. We want to hear everyones opinion.

There are lots of issues to consider....

1.) centralized location? can the volusia county members get to it?
2.) lighting?
3.) food & shopping for families?
4.) should we go with a place with a car show or go on our own?

this will all be on the table Saturday night.

Seminole is closer for me, coming from New Smyrna, than Waterford Lakes but I don't know how many members attend from this area.

Lighting is a concern to me. I hate going to cruises/shows that have poor lighting this time of year. It gets dark around 5:30-6:00 and then people can't see the cars.

Sorry guys but I will not be able to make it on saturday. I will be returning on sunday. I hope everyone will make wise decisions on my behalf. Please keep me posted. Thx.

John (White 87T NJ tags)