Totally stumped?????

nastynavy

My set up is a stock motor with a PT 54, CAS front mount, 50 lb injectors, 9/11 3200 stall, 3" downpipe with 3" exhaust with Ultra Flow bullit muffler, stock gears, stock heads, stock cam, stock intake and throttle body/plenum, with upgraded valve springs from the old Modern Muscle. My problem is the car just doesn't move like it should. It feels decent but it doesn't really go anywhere. I ran a 13.3 with this setup: Joe Lubrant race chip, 114 octane fuel, 21 lbs of boost with virtually no knock but not running rich. I ran 12.78 on about 19 lbs of boost with a 51 turbo and the stock intercooler with my boost going all over the place because of my ATR downpipe (problem was solved before I ran again). I am just tired of trying to figure it out. I am thinking maybe the cam is worn but I don't know how you would tell that. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I have also done the regular stuff like a fuel pump, k&n filter, fp regulator, volt booster, maf pipe, new O2 sensor. Thanks in advance for any advice and help you offer. The car has just turned 100,000 miles also if that helps anything.

Josh

You and I have a real similar combo. I am going to the track very soon and was given this advice: Crank up the boost. Apparently, the 54 or whatever larger turbo you use really doesn't see the sweet spot until above 22 psi or so, especially with unported heads which I have and so do you. My plan is to use VP16 and crank it up. If you have an EGT, I'm also told to start at about 1450° and check plugs, then work your way up with no knock. The first two trips to the track will probably be time consuming but a steady increase in safe performance should be the result. That and a high boost launch should help. Good luck to both of us.

Something is definately wrong. :confused: Your car should be way faster than that. :( Have you done a compression test? Your motor could be really tired. Checked your intake manifold for leaks at the gasket? Do you still have stock headgaskets?

I hope you get it sorted out.

My GN was the same way, it wasn't responding to the bolt-ons stuff like it should. I was stuck in the low 13's forever. Until I change my Timing chain & gears. The original timing set was off from the factory. The timing marks would not line up and was off
by almost 1 tooth. Installed the new set and bumped the crank to line the marks up. Now its the beast it should be. Ran a 12.02 @113 which was my first 12 second pass!!