Toronto Now Considered Dangerous?

On Monday, it was Lou Dobbs's turn at CNN. He said that "SARS is spreading in Canada faster than anywhere else in the world except China, and the quarantine in Toronto appears to possibly be failing."

For good measure, he added that "the death toll from the SARS virus continues to grow around the world. Nowhere is it worse than Toronto, Canada."

Originally posted by Two Lane
On Monday, it was Lou Dobbs's turn at CNN. He said that "SARS is spreading in Canada faster than anywhere else in the world except China, and the quarantine in Toronto appears to possibly be failing."

For good measure, he added that "the death toll from the SARS virus continues to grow around the world. Nowhere is it worse than Toronto, Canada."

LOL @ the American Media. God damn they are ignorant.

You are still more likely to contract death by a motor vehicle in Toronto, than by SARS.

I'll tell you how bad it is in Toronto: One of my professors was quarantined due to exposure to someone with the disease... I wished him a good summer and gave him a hand shake yesterday. I JUST came home from my annual gala at my school in downtown T.O. There were HUNDREDS of people in the building (including Orientals), everyone was laughing it up, exchanging hugs, drinking together... it was a party. I ate at a Pizza Pizza which is run SOLEY by Asians. Big whoop.

In a MONTH or so we have had 16 people die. ALL (IIRC) were old farts with underlying diseases. Meaning that they already had weakened immune systems... and probably would have died from the common cold anyway.

If American's are AGAIN scared of the "invisible enemy" and don't want to come to Canada any longer, GOOD! I am always glad to keep the national per captia level of ignorance down to a minimum. :D

Pathetic really. :rolleyes:

For the rest of you who can stand to live your lives outside of fear, come on up. ;)

TORONTO GLOBE

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030424.wwhoo0424/BNStory/National

UPDATE: (Also From the Toronto Globe)

"Officials with the WHO revealed Thursday that exported cases of SARS from Toronto have now been discovered in Australia and the United States. The WHO also said that a woman who visited Toronto and later died in the Philippines infected one other person and has caused the quarantine of another 60 people."