tires?

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
i got some stupid 235's on the grand national i just bought and just wondering what is the best tire to have for the street and occassionaly the strip..

this isnt an everyday driver so i dont care how quickly the tires wear... even if i get only 5000 miles on a set

what is the best street tire then.. i hear good about 275's bfg drag radials

oh and what is the largest tire i can run on my car....
87 stock ride height... enkei GNX rims.. i dont know the size of them and just would like to know what is the best rubber to put on them

I have the stock T wheels and have firestone firehawk indy 500's. 295/50/15 they hold about 4-6 psi launches on teh street and my mechanic who put them on his car went 11.5x with those tires.

As far as dr's go I've had good luck with the bfg's on the street and track. From what I've been told the nitto dr's are a better streetable tire as far as getting caught in the rain and ride quality. I've only used the bfg's and really liked them but if your really not worried about mileage get some et streets. Those are some great tires. I crammed a 27x10.5x16 et street on my car but never again it bottomed out on everything and its only lowered one inch.