thumbs up for "the Dye Guy"

Mark T-TB

car crazy from birth
If anyone ever looked closely at the driver's seat in our TTA, they would most likely have used something like "distressed" in their description... if they were being kind. The outer bolster actually had several holes worn thru it.
As the car is far from a show piece, and I've already $pent too much on other $tuff, I did not want to have the seats totally re-done.
It turns out that we have a near magician in our backyard - Steve "the Dye Guy" in Newark DE.
I think that these photos pretty much tell the story. This was strictly a repair.
Here is a close-up before/during/after:
9MYzoPUl.jpg

The finished product:
3ajIDJPl.jpg

Two thumbs up (y) to Steve and his son for the beautiful work (y)

Where did you go? The Trim Shop??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could they make faded dark blue cloth interior dark blue again?
They can spray fabric most anybody will not recommend it cause fabric can be replaced easily. I do remember being at the upholstery shop and watching them mix the dye! Then spraying an SUV dash! It would work on a beat up steering wheel too!

This is spectacular. Awesome work.

How does it hold up? Is there a chance it will breakdown sooner than the leather did originally? Water? UV? Summer heat? Abrasions resistance?

thanks guys.

... How does it hold up? Is there a chance it will breakdown sooner than the leather did originally? Water? UV? Summer heat? Abrasions resistance?

Steve said that they used a sander on it for finishing, so I think that it will be good as far as abrasion.
He did say to expect the cracks to return, but I certainly do not think that the holes will.
This car now leads a pampered existence - unlike at least some points in its prior life - garaged, covered, and limited use. However, I suppose that only time will tell how well it holds up.

Wow! I've got to call them for a black bolster on an old Porsche I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yep, you're absolutely right.
Steve killed it.
Awesome job and highly recommended.
uploadfromtaptalk1463529278512.png
uploadfromtaptalk1463529302265.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk