Thought the troubles where over

jimski

In over my head
:frown: After ironing out no 1-2 shift then no 2-3 shift now No 3-4 shift 2004r bq.Isnt there a swicth or something in the valve body for 4th gear.If this is the case here i may need some hard wire help for the plug:confused: The car had a 200c before so i think that the cars harness may be no good ??Please help a poor guy out, man i been thru alot and if it wasnt for the site and all the skilled guys on here my projects may have been scraped.

If you left the switch off the vb and didnt plug the hole then you will have no 3-4. Doesnt need to be wired for a 3-4 though. If your chip controls lockup you will need it for that though.

Like Bison said the 4th Pr. switch controls TCC lockupin 4th. I finally found the BRF Valve Body Diagram/Pic I was looking for.:biggrin:
Valve Body

Attachments

• TCC_4th Switch.jpg
    TCC_4th Switch.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 152
well look's like trial and error again for the 3-4 shift.Im slowly learning from my mistakes the hard way. I have to pull the vb again and check the 3-4 valve somethinfg i should have done from the begining:( Maybe a tight wound spring in there like the 2-3 had.

well look's like trial and error again for the 3-4 shift.Im slowly learning from my mistakes the hard way. I have to pull the vb again and check the 3-4 valve somethinfg i should have done from the begining:( Maybe a tight wound spring in there like the 2-3 had.

Doesn't look like there's any way to fit a spring like that on the 3-4 valve. Maybe just binding in the bore. This link shows all the spring lengths & diameters for BRF-VBody if you ever need them. Valve Body

Doesn't look like there's any way to fit a spring like that on the 3-4 valve. Maybe just binding in the bore. This link shows all the spring lengths & diameters for BRF-VBody if you ever need them. Valve Body

Yeah that link is great shows color and size of all the springs.It looks the same size as the 2-3 shift valve,i think they had this trans set for manual or something.Im not going to pull the vb again until i get the new plate servo.

Yeah that link is great shows color and size of all the springs

Dont take that for granted. The springs vary in the vb's. Ive seen different colors and rates in BR's. They are painted BR, BR1, BR2, BR3. If you have 2 BR1's side by side they should be nearly identical if stock. But if you have a BR1 and a BR3 they will have differences. Other codes such as BQ will have much more differences than a BR even though stock they act very similar.

Hi Bison, Do these BR, BR1, BR2, BR3 codes relate to different years, car models or ??
I have a BR3 V-body, Gov etc.. I bought off Ebay, seller said it was removed from an 87 turbo T.

Attachments

• BR3 VBody  .jpg
    BR3 VBody .jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 138
  • BR3 VBody Package.jpg
    BR3 VBody Package.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 111
Dont take that for granted. The springs vary in the vb's. Ive seen different colors and rates in BR's. They are painted BR, BR1, BR2, BR3. If you have 2 BR1's side by side they should be nearly identical if stock. But if you have a BR1 and a BR3 they will have differences. Other codes such as BQ will have much more differences than a BR even though stock they act very similar.
I see :)

Hi Bison, Do these BR, BR1, BR2, BR3 codes relate to different years, car models or ??
I have a BR3 V-body, Gov etc.. I bought off Ebay, seller said it was removed from an 87 turbo T.

A BR3 valve body is from an 87'. GM made some very subtle changes in the valve bodies as the years progressed. The changes were mostly with spring rates on the T.V. valve and shift valves.

The higher the number the later the calibration. The info the seller gave you is correct.