The worst Job you ever had or the worse job you can imagine

Dennis Kirban

The title as it suggests gives you two options....

Name the worse job you had endured in your career to date

and or name the worse job you can imagine that you are grateful you don't have. I thought of this while doing this next weeks Inner Circle.

The worse job (or at least near the top) I think would be is the food tester for the dictator of North Korea. I am sure some of these self appointed dictators have to employ some one to "test" the food to avoid the chance of getting food poison.

I can't recall even from my youth of having a really bad job....after my 3 year stint in the service I never had to work for anyone.

With that being said lets see where this thread leads to.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The worst job I ever had was cleaning out a commercial chicken house. I had been in production until ten years before. When it was vacated, the auger that cleans out the poop pits had broken down so the pits were over flowing and the manure was about 2 feet deep under the rows of cages. The guy I was with unlocked the doors and we both grabbed a door handle and ran. We stayed away for an hour or so to let it air out. When we went in it was horrible! The floor was a solid grey color so you really had to pay attention. The next day we went back with another helper. As I was reminding him where the pits were, he stepped in one. These pits are six feet deep and they were over filled with chicken crap. The guy was in up to his waist before I could pull him out. He was not a happy camper when we took him outside in the 30+- temp and hosed him off. He really got mad when we made him take the twenty minute ride back to the shop in the back of the pickup. That was probably the worse job I ever had and the worse job I could imagine having.

Picking Cotton when I was 12 years old. It was a big old deal if one could pick 100# in a day. I never got over 70. Now priming tobacco also suck, picking bottom leaves, it would be 110* that low to the ground. Raise on a farm was hard work, however being in a fire fight when you could not see what you were shooting at or were the shots were coming from was terrible. I still have nightmares about those days. Dennis take your pick.

The year would be 1881.

You caught a Minie Ball in the knee during the Civil War.

You now walk with a pronounced limp.

Your job?

You work at the Bird Cage Theater emptying the Chamber Pots. :eek: :vomit:

Worst job in retrospect was best. Loading hay on a farm. It was so brutal when I did it but being older I am glad I did.

Hardest job I have ever done for sure. Not sure I could even do it now.

I've never had a bad job in my 63 years. Well, except for selling Avon for a couple weeks when I was 19. Worst job I could imagine would be a teacher or a nurse. I know my limitations, I'm not cut out for those. I'd rather be making something...

Roofing in the summer. Had to open 600lb. barrels of tar, known as pitch. Above 70 degrees you couldn't break the stuff up. Had to cut it up in small pieces to put in kettle. Had to heat it up to 450 degrees in order to be able to mop the paper onto the roof. Above 450 it would turn green and at that point it would burn your skin like you had a bad sunburn. Your eyes would feel like you watched a person weld. To help the misery more we were laying down fiberglass insulation. Sometimes in the winter we would be laying down shingles in 35 below weather. Did I forget the wind. 15 years of that