The Dragon!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Here is a killer video that shows what the curves on the Dragon are like. Note the Dragon is located right here in east TN and has 318 curves in 11 miles. Great stretch to do some testing on suspension products!! You be the judge! ;)

Cool example at 1:42

PS: When you see his front tire wobble, that is exactly what happened to me causing my accident that left me disabled. Called "Tank Slappers" in the cycling world. That happened to me at 76 mph... :eek:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcOZVxheOXw[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a killer video that shows what the curves on the Dragon are like. Note the Dragon is located right here in east TN and has 318 curves in 11 miles. Great stretch to do some testing on suspension products!! You be the judge! ;)

Cool example at 1:42

That looks like so much fun! I have always told myself I won't get a sportbike because I will do crazy stuff like that and probably get killed. This video doesn't help me with my decision much. Do a lot of people wreck there? I would think so.

Was the tank slapper at 6:48? It looked like he had good control of it that whole time.

Gravity Cavity at 6:08 looked like it would be the most fun to me. I also think it's neat now they named the big curves just like when you're white water rafting the name the rapids.

hello people; I don't think that video shows the Dragon very well and don't need that music. IMO a better video of the Dragon's Tail is the one with the Goldwing doing it. Maybe you could post that one. Remember what a Goldwing is and that it's not a sport bike.
IBBY

hello people; I don't think that video shows the Dragon very well and don't need that music. IMO a better video of the Dragon's Tail is the one with the Goldwing doing it. Maybe you could post that one. Remember what a Goldwing is and that it's not a sport bike.
IBBY

If it's the one with the yellow Goldwing, he is a local there and knows that stretch like the back of his hand. Sportbikes are hard pressed to hang with him, sparks a flying as he drags his foorboards! I ride it once annually with my bikes and attend a large 2 stroke street bike meet there. LOTS of accidents with people getting in other their head with their riding abilities!! AND... going over the double yellow line (like the sportbike early in the vid link posted here) CAN get you, or an innocent bystander, killed!!

If it's the one with the yellow Goldwing, he is a local there and knows that stretch like the back of his hand. Sportbikes are hard pressed to hang with him, sparks a flying as he drags his foorboards! I ride it once annually with my bikes and attend a large 2 stroke street bike meet there. LOTS of accidents with people getting in other their head with their riding abilities!!

hello people; You got it!!!!
IBBY

Was the tank slapper at 6:48? It looked like he had good control of it that whole time.
That is how they start, they start as a slight wobble and 99% of the time they are not stoppable by your own hands. The best thing to prevent them is to have steering dampeners. Once this starts, early on the only thing that will stop it is to pull the front wheel back off the ground via a wheelie but it's hard to do while your arms are flinging back and forth at 75 mph..

Here is a good example of a "Tank Slapper" and what happened to me..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ1srcQMa_0[/YOUTUBE]

They don't call them donorcycles for nothen.... this guy crashed in Bridgeport a few months ago. I use to have one and they sure are fun but one person texting while driving and lights out! No thanx.

Attachments

• Blackberry pics 032.jpg
    Blackberry pics 032.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 244
hello people; Every knows MC are dangerous but could someone post up that guy riding the tail on the GW. If you don't mind.
please and thankyou. He's real good.
IBBY

They don't call them donorcycles for nothen.... this guy crashed in Bridgeport a few months ago. I use to have one and they sure are fun but one person texting while driving and lights out! No thanx.

When you got on scene did you give him CPR like you were instructed in the academy?:D

When you got on scene did you give him CPR like you were instructed in the academy?:D
not exactly:cool:. someone driving by b4 the police got there snapped that photo. imo just another reminder of why MC's are recipes for an early death. I have investigated about 50-60 fatals and 90% of them are MC's.

Jeez Brett, wife just called that supper is ready and you posted that pic!:eek:

Used to ride a lot back in the 70's. Primitive Kawasaki 3 cylinder 2 stroke was my only street bike out of the 10 or so bikes I owned. Too many close calls on the street so stayed on the trails instead. There is always risks in life but I have liked sheet metal around me for quite a while now.

I love riding my street bike. i take it the track but im sure if the dragon was local to me i would probably go as well. I hate riding on the street but then again i ride almost everyday to work. Hell i almost got T boned the other day. I just brushed it off and thought to my self i am lucky to be here so i didn't chase after them.

I rode down there in August with my wife and another couple. Very nice part of the country for riding. Here are a few pics and one of the videos my wife made while we were riding.
D0403260.jpg

D0403265.jpg

D0403267.jpg

D0403335.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMChB4ecebA[/YOUTUBE]