The 2012 THS season roll call....who is planning on racing at an event?

KevinB

I hope to make:
Tb.com nats
Buick race day @ Norwalk
BPG at National Trail
St Louis race
Midwest Buick challenge
GSCA Nats

In reality, probably i can only do 3, maybe 4 depending on money but my wife really wants a family vacation this year...which may bring me to only 2. The nationals is a must. Bpg is only 2 hours away, so I may just go Saturday. I have always done good in Norwalk, so that's a must. Tb.com race is a gamble with my towing rig. Just thinking out loud here lol.

What's everyone else's plan look like?

If I get my car together.
norwalk
gateway
midwest challenge
Columbus? If so one day
Bowling Green
If the muncie race goes thru for sure there.
Here is my car as it sits apart I have a long road ahead

Attachments

• money shot.jpg
    money shot.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 133
  • money shot under hood.jpg
    money shot under hood.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 116
Trying to work in TB.com nats, and BG and if I don't break anything, Reynolds. I'm in the same boat, the girls will be 4 and 2yrs this summer so a good family vacation is a must. Speaking of boats, I'm trying to buy a bigger boat with A/C and accomodations for the fam so that means buying new stuff for the Buick and vette are on the back burner this year in the toy department :(

I wanna do norwalk, bpg, mwbc, and bg.

We'll see how many i actually make it too.

TB.com nats

BG

maybe reynolds as i have nver been south for abuick race just north lol

I know that I'll be at BG, unfortunately work refrains me from any other venues.

BPG and BG right now. I would like to go to more but work and lack of enough vacation gets in the way.

I will make the same post I did on the XTSM thread
from the perspective of an event organizer and have been following this thread my view and I am sure that sponsors are looking at this and thinking...Why should I (business) contribute to an event when they cannot get 8 cars to make the field. I (business) want my sponsorship monies to go towards a class with participation. Maybe thats why the 10.5 races are becoming more popular and more people try for the q-16 at events. I know it is still early in the season and people are still wrenching but from a promoters point of view when the BPG only has 3 racers committed for a 2 day event $360.00 in entrances fees do not make a $500 / $250 payout worth having the class. Now I know there are the crew that comes in so say 3 per each racer that's $225 so that comes to $585 thru the gate for a $750 payout...just something to think about...and the BPG will still host the point series race and the more that attend the bigger the payout...but we cannot guarantee big money if no one shows up

I think there will be at least 6+ for the bpg race. Problem is we have lost people on tb.com lately....meaning I've seen a drop in people using this site since the switch. I wouldn't base attendance for the bpg race off this thread.

I don't think a lot of people like the new format on turbobuick that much.

right now did Norwalk,
Hoping to get to BPG
MWBC
BG
That's the plan anyways we will see if there is enough time in the day to make this happen, really hoped to make it to a few races other then norwalk and BG like last year. Might have to use the mighty T at MWBC if all else fails.