TESTING THE WATERS, TRADE PLUS CASH FOR CUSTOM 23 ROW SLIC

turbows6

I've got a customized 23 row stock location intercooler for a TTA. This began as a bowling green customs SLIC for a Grand National, but I cut the inlet neck off and had a custom made 2.5" inlet fabricated to raise the core up for ground clearance. This has just as much ground clearance as the factory intercooler. New bosses were welded on so that the factory bracket bolt locations could be used.

This would include a modded drivers side and passenger side bracket and a custom made shroud (it's a plastic shroud based of the "garbage can intercooler shroud" idea. The only thing you'll really need to change from stock is the need for a thinner electric fan than the stock ones like a Spal fan or some other low profile fan. You could probably use a V6 Ford Contour fan too. You may need to cut holes in the shroud if you are using a front swaybar (I don't have a front swaybar on mine right now)

Only looking to sell/trade because I'm turning the boost down and turning the car back into a driver. As I remember my car picked up 3-4 pounds of boost swapping from a dutt neck stock intercooler with the same boost controller setting referenced to the turbo housing. My car ran 10.3x in the quarter with this intercooler and an old CPT-66 with stock ported heads/stock intake/stock throttle body, and picked up a bunch more power with a precision 67cea, but I never took the car to the track with the 67. This intercooler will easily support 9 second power.

I'd be looking to trade for a stock intercooler with Duttweiler neck with stock brackets and shroud + $425.
(please add 3% paypal fee unless using friends and family)

I will sell this outright for $675, but would prefer a trade plus cash.

This would work on a GN or T-Type too, but the shroud wouldn't be right out of the box.

slic 2.jpg slic 1.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, the first picture looks a little deceiving because the stock intercooler is closer to the camera. The 23 row cooler is WAY bigger than a stock one. That picture was simply to prove that you're not losing all of your ground clearance.

Last edited:
Maybe i missed it but have you had this installed on a TTA ? Also are you looking for a stock TTA IC w/ Dutt ? Pic of the shroud ?

Yes, this was installed on my TTA since about 2009. It's not really that big of a deal to me if I traded a regular GN intercooler with duttweiler neck. I don't really think the TTA intercooler was a significant improvement vs a GN (especially if you are using any kind of an alcohol kit), and if it's got a duttweiler neck it's not exactly original anyway.

I'll get some pictures of everything installed tonight.

I've posted this video on a couple of occasions, but this is my car with this intercooler back in 2010. The car made WAY more power than this video with a 6765cea, but it constantly blew head gaskets even with no knock.

Ok, I should have mentioned that I need to procure a stock intercooler before doing an outright sale, or I won't be able to drive the car. I've posted an advert in the Parts Wanted section and will poke around in the For Sale section.

Ok, I should have mentioned that I need to procure a stock intercooler before doing an outright sale, or I won't be able to drive the car. I've posted an advert in the Parts Wanted section and will poke around in the For Sale section.

I have a stocker from a GN, if that helps at all.

I remember the car now..if it falls through with v8killer let me know , i have a TTA IC w/dutt neck.

I am interested in the intercooler. I have a stock tta one and just took my car apart. Please contact me if still available Jason @ 570-233-2593