telescoping wheel

sowle

Does anyone know of a telescoping-tilt wheel column that will fit our cars? I want one with column shift.

To put tilt&tele in a G-body you are going to have to crossbreed two columns. Get a T&T from a full size Caddy(if you cant find one off a Buick) Fleetwood or one from a Riviera, Eldo/Seville or Toronado will work. It must be from a 1982 to 1990 FW or 82-85 Riv/Eldo. The only pieces that you can use off the G-body is the jacket(the outer steel tube that bolts to the firewall) and the lower shaft. You also will have to modify the shift bowl if you want to retain the floorshift feature. They have never offered a T&T with floor shift(82 and older Vette wont work) so you are on your own as I have never modified one for a floor shift. The other big problem you have is you cant use the sport steering wheel with T&T. You might be able to modify the lower trim of the wheel and use an 82 and older Vette tele lever here but the Vette stuff is hard to get and again I have never done this so you are on your own. I did this to an old 83 Regal Limited but I used the old standard style Buick wheel that came with the column. Really its not a feature that you use a lot in a car. If you look at a T&T column you can get an idea at what problems you might be looking at. You know what? I just look looked and I see you are using column shift so just forget the shift bowl mods.

Eric Fisher

This is a start, thanks. What I'm hoping for is to get the wheel just a little further in towards the dash.