Teflon Braided Line Kit

Haynesie

Hey Everyone,

Just bought a set of the teflon braided lines along with a new fuel pump/hanger combo. Was hoping to get some insight on best practices/lessons learned for installing the lines for those of you that have already undertaken the task.

Where there any additional components you recommend getting to assist in the install?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Save your $400+ and buy Jegs Pro Flo 200 lines. They are E85/Nitro/Meth(the fuel, not Walter White's kind) compliant.

The lines bend easier, assemble easier, and I hear they make your g/f's boobs bigger.

...but seriously look into them. I can build an entire -8 system with return lines for under $250.

Also make sure to grab some black electrical tape and use either a chopsaw, or dremel with cutoff wheel and wrap the electrical tape around the line a few times prior to cutting, and make sure to cut straight. Always clean out the line after you cut.

Look into a pressure test kit if you'd like. http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/an-fittings-pressure-test-kit/ has some cheap ones that work.

FWIW I am running Jeg's Pro Flo 200 on small slow car that I'm building.

Save your $400+ and buy Jegs Pro Flo 200 lines. They are E85/Nitro/Meth(the fuel, not Walter White's kind) compliant.

The lines bend easier, assemble easier, and I hear they make your g/f's boobs bigger.

...but seriously look into them. I can build an entire -8 system with return lines for under $250.

Also make sure to grab some black electrical tape and use either a chopsaw, or dremel with cutoff wheel and wrap the electrical tape around the line a few times prior to cutting, and make sure to cut straight. Always clean out the line after you cut.

Look into a pressure test kit if you'd like. http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/an-fittings-pressure-test-kit/ has some cheap ones that work.

FWIW I am running Jeg's Pro Flo 200 on small slow car that I'm building.

It looks like the OP has purchased the braided lines already and would be more interested in installation tips.
I believe you have an external pump, so your fuel system is different than the OP's, but you might have some insight on what to use for tube clamps and where to put them as well as filter brackets and supports and such that may not be included with his kit.

It's nice to know there are less expensive options out there.
Thank you for the info.

Marleyskater,

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being around the car, otherwise I would have made my own lines, and fuel system. However given that I have minimal time, and don't want to be waiting on parts/going to the HW store, the premade lines were the best option for me, especially since they work directly with the in tank hanger I bought. The headache I'll save in buying something that works together with existing parts I already have is well worth the time associated with crimping lines, sourcing parts, and not having to worry about making a mistake ordering parts.

I have a boat that I plan on putting my own custom lines on FWIW.

I'll definitely buy one of those testers though, and appreciate the link.

Thanks,
Jason

Before you get too in depth, look inside your lines you have and make sure they are black in color.

If they aren't, don't run them.

Be very careful not to kink the line during install, the Teflon core is easily damaged, if you kink it the core can split even though the cover looks fine.