Teaser pic

I hear ya, everyones ears are different. I actually went from a single 12 sealed to a ported 10 in the GN. Its output is a lot louder, but not overpowering. I actually got motivated because of you yesterday and finished running my RCA's down the center/right of the car under the console. :) Power wires (1 4 gauge, 1 8 gauge) go down the passenger side. All front speaker wires go from the trunk up the center/left of the car under the console. Just gotta plug it all in and hope my noise is gone now!

I hear ya, everyones ears are different. I actually went from a single 12 sealed to a ported 10 in the GN. Its output is a lot louder, but not overpowering. I actually got motivated because of you yesterday and finished running my RCA's down the center/right of the car under the console. :) Power wires (1 4 gauge, 1 8 gauge) go down the passenger side. All front speaker wires go from the trunk up the center/left of the car under the console. Just gotta plug it all in and hope my noise is gone now!

Fingers are crossed for you! I fought a "hum" in my truck for a few weeks...turned out to be a bad amp. I regrounded, ran new wires, pulled out my hair...all that and it wasn't even my install.

Honestly, if every car I ever own would sound as clear and punchy as my truck I would be happy as heck. The smaller cab and great location of the speakers is stellar. Does your dads truck have a stereo? Of course since he owns a Ford I am sure they found a way to screw even the stereo up. :tongue:

Welp, its the amp (punch 4080dsm), same noise/interference as before. Gotta send it back to the guy I bought it from so he can go through it again. Argh. Dads Harley, no not yet. I put speakers in all 4 doors, and there are a bunch of wires ran from the previous owners stereo. Other than that, stock Ford stereo for now. It works, the only thing we use the truck for really is to tow Buicks around the USA!!

No! But good guess........... Rockford Fosgate RFX-9420. Had an alternator whine while engine on, and key on engine off, feedback through the left rear by9 speaker. Looks like I have an internal amp issue....... going to put another amp in sunday for testing purposes. :)

Looks good Jason, did you fatmat the doors and roof also or just the floor?

Everything but the roof. The headliner was just redone about 8 months ago and to me it isn't worth the risk of ruining it...When it starts sagging I'll do it.. :eek:

Thanks man.

Jason

Looks good man. Id like to hear it in BG if possible. I have been doing single sub stuff in my TR's for 10 years. I havent messed with multiple subs for that much time. RE is a good brand, lots of guys use them for competition. I am curious on the routing of your wires, ie power, and rca's. Im in the middle of updating my GN before BG with new RCA's and such trying to get rid of interference noise with my 8volt pre-out source unit.:eek: And yes, ported takes up much more space, but I did take that plunge a couple of years ago........... you can see how far it sticks out compared to your enclosure. :) Have fun.

Looks good, what did you do for front stage?

Put a Punch 4040 in today with 275 hz on front 3.5s and 100hz on 6x9s. It screams pretty good with NO interference. Havent decided on front stage yet. Either G-body lower door panels or the Q-Form kick panels........