Ta Performance front cover...

If you are refering to my pics....that's not a high volume cover. The gears are not flush they protrude a few thous so setting the endplay is possible with a shim kit.

Yes they did make HV covers with the deeper pocket for the gears and here's the difference.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 288
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 326
I didnt look at the pics are those both v6 covers because iirc the 455 gears are the hv oil gears for the v6

Yes they did make HV covers with the deeper pocket for the gears and here's the difference.

Is the "they" you are refering to TA?

Just to be absolutely clear. Both those covers in my pics are stock. One is OE other is TA, neither is high volume. Both are new.

Yes at one point Elign? made a cast HV cover. I used it in my early days 15+ years ago when I did not know squat:)

Yes you can put a HV kit that pins it to the cover.

Yes the GM ...OE cover is better than any aftermarket cover out there.

This thread is NOT about either. It is about the superior product that TA has made for our small market:)

Steve, sorry for hijacking your thread. Turbo nasty said they didn't make covers casted with the deep gear pocket and I was just showing two v/6 covers. One a h/v cover the other a stock gm cover. Yeah I got talked into that h/v cover sh-t many yeras ago and I agree with you 100% on all your statements above.

Here ya go pics should be self explanatory...ball is in your court.

Does anyone know the part number for the seal TA uses
The seal should have the seal number on it.

If you can't read yours, TA sells Silver Seal brand covers (all Chinese covers are the same) so they might have a part number if it's different than the actual seal number.

Its actually a full throttle front cover. The seal is market F3150

• SKU: 001-6571HI