Sweet Spot for the TE60?

turbonatr

More Cubes!
The Turbonetics Stage 4 (which is on my T) is supposed to be the same as the PT&E TE60 from what I understand. Curious to hear what TE60 owners found the sweet spot to be.

I personally felt mine started at about 18 psi. When 21 PSi cam and went you were cooking with gas. At 25 PSI the thing was cool calm and still had more in it. This was an all stock block with stock heads poston headers and a reed 210/205 cam. MSD 50's, power plate 70 mm TB. I was 11.56 at 116.59 mph and 24 psi and it had plenty left. Oh also was 89 degrees with 100% humidity at BG KY at the worlds fastest street car shoot out. I even placed 18th out of 34 qualifying cars. Not bad since I was the only V6 in street clothes in Open Comp. Had lost left. Oh also a V4R IC. Hope this helps.

Interesting.

When I had this turbo in my GN (which has all the go-fast goodies), Job Spetter and I tuned the car at 28psi (per his instruction) and it seemed to love it. When I went with a Q trim 70 in the GN, I slapped the Stage 4 in the T-Type which had a TA49 in it at the time. What a difference. Got even better when I dumped the stock D5 and installed a 9" n/l converter. The 9" really woke the turbo up, especially since it has a .82a/r turbine housing.