Stuck in the 8.5s im sure i should be in the high 6s in the 8th

riviera

Played with my car this weekend and got ate up by a monte. I have aT62 42lbs inj. Front mount inner cooler 3200 stall and alcky. I could build boost to 6lbs on stage but hade tire spin 40, 50 feet with slicks and my car started to sputter and spit 3/4 of the way down on wot any advice would be great. This was all on the street not at the track. What a good slick to run on the street that will hold our cars and the the sputtering i have no idea what that was all about.

What ar you using to control your car stock ecm ? Chip? Powerlogger? And data ? It's hard for ppl to help you without any data . It could be muiltable things that will have you chasing your tail and not getting anywhere.

Played with my car this weekend and got ate up by a monte. I have aT62 42lbs inj. Front mount inner cooler 3200 stall and alcky. I could build boost to 6lbs on stage but hade tire spin 40, 50 feet with slicks and my car started to sputter and spit 3/4 of the way down on wot any advice would be great. This was all on the street not at the track. What a good slick to run on the street that will hold our cars and the the sputtering i have no idea what that was all about.
Well if the car is spitting and sputtering it's needs the right tune,wheelspin 40/50 feet in a street race is game over.cant
Load up on boost and whack the throttle and put the car right into wheelspin if you want to win street races.list your combo/tune/tire and I will take a look if you want or pm me.

Load up on boost and whack the throttle and put the car right into wheelspin if you want to win street races

Huh?

How much boost? Running lean on big end? How is plugs/wires/icm? Tried leaving with less boost?

I might be running lean pop a head gasket in the fall i figure it was from years of abuse.

What ar you using to control your car stock ecm ? Chip? Powerlogger? And data ? It's hard for ppl to help you without any data . It could be muiltable things that will have you chasing your tail and not getting anywhere.
Yea i know i still have a chip from turbo tweak set up for alcky and 25lbs of boost

Think of going to a 2 step rev limiter with mt slicks. But if im running lean should i start a fuel pump or turn up fuel regulator

Need gauge to verify fuel psi in making 1to1 rise with boost, log a/f, clean plugs and check/set gap.

Your 42's are way to small if you want to be in the 6's in the 1/8. From your mod description I would say mid 7's at best. Upgrade your 42's to at least 65's

Local car did 6.80's with 42's. Only 1/8th it leaned out after 1/8th. Can be done....not safe at all.

Local car did 6.80's with 42's. Only 1/8th it leaned out after 1/8th. Can be done....not safe at all.
I ran high 6s low 7s in the 1/8 on 42s and alky car would go high 10s low 11s@120+mph.ran that for years.

Think of going to a 2 step rev limiter with mt slicks. But if im running lean should i start a fuel pump or turn up fuel regulator
Inmo I would stop throwing parts at it.get a fuel pressure gauge and see what going on with the fuel system