state inspection

Move Over

Anybody know if ill pass state inspection with no pcv valve mine was removed when I bought the car need to know if i need to to go buy one and hook it up for the inspection. No sniffer test only visiual. or any recomendations for a station in the hampton roads perferably peninsula area

It all depends upon the inspector. Some inspect the way the law was intended, for safety, most inspectors work for repair shops that "find" ways to fail you so they can make $$$$ doing the repairs.

I took my Limited in for inspection years ago when I first bought it. I knew it didn't have a cat on it, only a test pipe, but this guy never puts cars on a lift. Wouldn't ya know I pull in to the inspection bay and in the next stall is a mint, low mileage GN !!! He says "this thing's got a 'hot rod' exhaust on it huh(hooker)? and looks under my car and says "And NO converter !!!" damnit!!

I used to know a place where they did a true safety inspection, but the shop's owner is all about making $$$$ now. It is in Virginia Beach, let me know if you can't find a place on your side of the ditch.

ive got a place thats pretty lenient but just wondering if anyone new some specific place worst case ill fix the stuff myself its a new to me car so who knows what they will find

I would keep names in PM's if a shops name falls into the wrong hands the State Police will pay a visit. I am inspector and it's by the book,I need my license it greatly contributes to my pay check.

not trying to get anyone in trouble at all just more or less looking for a lazy inspector :) car had already passed as is the way i bought it so its not that bad just dont want to goto one of those greedy shops thats going to try and get a fortune out of me