Starting the S-10 Blazer brake conversion

Those shocks look and sound like the ticket. I may have to look at those myself.

I agree with you on the KYBs, they suck for ride quality!

Front End just about complete.
brakes.JPG

brakes1.JPG

49-blues said:
What's the advantage of the taller uppers?

From what i read after nothing w/o the upper a arms (sc&c or similar) that supposedly correct geometry which is supposed to make the car handle better

I ordered some Ridetech RQ series socks todays. I hope to get them by Friday so, I can put them on this weekend. I will let everyone knows how the car rides and stop after all this.

Looks good! I did my front end last April. What a pain that was. Did mine just like yours but went to the 12" LS-1 brake setup. What a colossal PITA that was.... Should've just stayed with the stock S-10 setup. Also did tubular uppers & lowers. I like it.

I need to get the car aligned then I can put some miles on it. I will let you know how the brakes feel after I put some miles on the car.

Let us know what you think of the Shocks. I'm still undecided on which shocks to go with.

Looks good! I did my front end last April. What a pain that was. Did mine just like yours but went to the 12" LS-1 brake setup. What a colossal PITA that was.... Should've just stayed with the stock S-10 setup. Also did tubular uppers & lowers. I like it.
Hate to hijack the thread, but quick question. Did you do the turned down rotor method or fab a bracket and modify the spindle? I have a complete set of Ls1 calipers, but this s10 upgrade is a direct bolt on and I haven't heard anybody that has done it say anything like "What a huge waist of time" and that says something cause we all know how safe and fun working around the front springs is NOT. That being said Ls1 bigger brake (better is up for the debate), and lighter for sure.

Hate to hijack the thread, but quick question. Did you do the turned down rotor method or fab a bracket and modify the spindle? I have a complete set of Ls1 calipers, but this s10 upgrade is a direct bolt on and I haven't heard anybody that has done it say anything like "What a huge waist of time" and that says something cause we all know how safe and fun working around the front springs is NOT. That being said Ls1 bigger brake (better is up for the debate), and lighter for sure.

I did the it the fabbed bracket way. We had to fab the brackets and drill and sleeve the mounting holes for the bracket in the spindles. Had to weld the fabbed bracket to the caliper bracket because they is no room for the bottom bolt ( i think it is, cant remember....). Had to put longer wheel studs in and tweak the dust sheilds some. Had to run 7mm spacers to get the wheels to clear AND grind on the calipers some (still gotta do the pass side some more).

Other than that it went right together.

Im very happy with the quality of the shock. I was going to take some pictures of them before I put them on but, I got over exicted and put them on without the pictures. Car rides great now and handles much better. I bought the RQ series from Scott @ GNS Performance. He made the transaction real easy. I bought just the front for right now. I will definintly be going back to Scott for the rears soon. I still need to put some miles on it to get a beeter feel for the brakes. Hopefully this weekend.

I lowered the car by cutting the front springs. I cut about 1-1/4" coils off and it dropped it about 1" in the front. I bought new Moog Springs (Part#MOO5385) rear springs and it lowered the rear about 1". I have a total of about $100 (Springs) to lower the car.

I lowered the car by cutting the front springs. I cut about 1-1/4" coils off and it dropped it about 1" in the front. I bought new Moog Springs (Part#MOO5385) rear springs and it lowered the rear about 1". I have a total of about $100 (Springs) to lower the car.
Thanks, another question. The brake lines from the gbody bolt up to the dual pistons calipers? Or do I need new hoses and a bolt on the caliper end? I have rounded up most of my parts and they are in the mail :0)