spray on point for smc kit

Turbo Brian

What do I type here?
are there any aproximations on the spray on dial of what boost it goes on at? in the instructions it says its preset to about 10# and my dial was just a tad past 12oclock. it came on around 11# on my gauge ive been trying to tune it since i installed it a couple weeks ago. i now have the spray on dial just past 9oclock and it still doesnt turn on until 11#. i need it to come on around 8# but im not having any luck. i think it seems to be knocking less (my car always knocks) now that its at 9oclock but the little light comes on at 11#. any thoughts on this??

If your car is knocking that bad you need to fix it. If you can't run at least 15 lbs of boost with no knock AND no alky then you have problems that need solved before attempting to tune it WITH alky.
Then it will be easy to tune it. Turn your pump speed to come on anywhere around 12 lbs. Take it for a spin with the pump speed turned way up. Nail it and turn the piump speed down until it quits sputtering. Worked for me anyhow but I didn't have any knock at 17lbs of boost before the achy was put on.

FYI,
Each 1/4 turn equal to approximately 1#. (On my two units anyway). Plus what the guy above said.
Gary :)

well, there is no way the car is gonna run 15# with no knock no alky with the crappy 91 gas here. just not gonna happen.

part of my problem is my downpipe is resting on the frame :)

ah, 1/4 turn is about a # ??? well, whatdayaknow. i just went out and check, and that knob spins 360 degrees. i thought where it said low and high was the stopping point. i didnt realize adjustments were that big. lol, i feel stupid now.

What boost can you run on your pump gas? Whatever that is, have the alc turn on 2-3 lbs before that. Try a different chip also.

Higher timing = lower turn on point. I run the thrasher (~18* timing). I can hit 19#s w/o the alky on 94 pump gas with about 1* of KR, so I turn it on at 15#s. Laymans way of tuning alky= turn pump speed higher than 7, crank up the boost to where you want it(or to where it knocks, in that case turn up the PS some more), get it on the virge of knocking and add a tad more alky. Corny? maybe. Does it work? yes. HAVE FUN!!!