South Florida Turbo Buicks at local car show (Tower Shops)..

jamericaniSS said:
Damn i miss going to tower shops every friday :( California sucks :mad:

Yeah it was a pretty nice night as the weather was awesome and I counted about 12 Turbo Buicks (might have been more).... No car shows in Cali??

No non import car shows, unless you are into the Good Guys Type Thing.
Not my cup of tea.

Thanks for the pictures bro!!!

Any times on the mustang or gto with the blowers?
I heard that the mustang rods are junk!

John Wilde said:
Any times on the mustang or gto with the blowers?
I heard that the mustang rods are junk!

The Mustang guy told me he has a customer's car with the exact same setup that has been low 11's @120+mph...

The GTO supposedly made 460rwhp from what the one guy said.. They expect high to mid 11's as it is a 6spd car...

John Wilde said:
No non import car shows, unless you are into the Good Guys Type Thing.
Not my cup of tea.

Thanks for the pictures bro!!!

Wow that does suck! There are imports (mostly rice usually nothing fast like a Supra) at Tower's but they seem to stick to the one side of the parking lot away from the domestics and older muscle cars...

On Rob's Gn, who makes the custom radiator hold down out of aluminum with the ingraving? sweet piece!

Nice pics, I;d love to come down to south Florida sometime and check out the scene. Robs car looks great as do the others. Was his steering wheel polished, chromed, or some type of powdercoat? I do like the GTOs, but I think the turbo kits will be the way to go with them. New Mustangs have those powdered rods. Anything low 11s is borrowed time. :rolleyes:

bishir said:
Nice pics, I;d love to come down to south Florida sometime and check out the scene. Robs car looks great as do the others. Was his steering wheel polished, chromed, or some type of powdercoat? I do like the GTOs, but I think the turbo kits will be the way to go with them. New Mustangs have those powdered rods. Anything low 11s is borrowed time. :rolleyes:

Yeah we have a pretty good Turbo Buick scene down here... I think his steering wheel is polished... As my dad told him, he should just have the whole car dipped in Chrome:biggrin: The GTOs seem to run well with the STS rear mount turbo kits.. Cartek in NJ has a bunch of them in the low 11's on a stock motor w/ the STS kit and a few have been in the 10's and even 9's with built motors (heads/cam).. I am surprised Ford didn't give the new GTs a nice forged bottom end like the '03/'04 Cobras got... Guess they will wait to built a good motor for the new GT500 offering..

JP87GN said:
On Rob's Gn, who makes the custom radiator hold down out of aluminum with the ingraving? sweet piece!

Call Jeff @ Trackside 954-946-4043 he has them... Those are some Great Pics..

Thanks!!

Thanks Dave, wish it didn't get dark so early but at least there was more than one Buick there! :cool:

Looks like it was a great car show, and nice pics of the new champion intake and fuel rails as well as the other cars.