Solid Lifters

What lifters are you using with stage 2 heads and on center block? Thanks
I originally had Comp Cams SB Chevy offset lifters and switched to Crower offset lifters with the HIPPO oiling. The Crower lifters were made a little better at the time with a orbit formed bead to retain the axle instead of fragile clips. I'm sure Comp has stepped up there game but think I would still stick with Crower.
My current Crower lifter are needle roller type and will consider the solid bushed type on the next freshening. For max effort I would consider going to a .903" lifter for the added strength of the larger axle. From what I hear the .875" lifter axle is no larger than the .842".
AG.

Last edited:
I had inquired about the Weber racing lifters that they introduced a couple of years ago but never got any feedback. I know that Jesel makes an ultra expensive set of lifters also. I know that one of my on centers has an offset set of Isky's in there.

I'm going to be using these isky lifter with a built in off set . But I do also have these other ones that looks like it would be easy to swap cams with
IMG_7587.JPG
IMG_7585.JPG

I am running 1.65/1.55 Jesel rockers and if I remember correctly ( I will look in the box with the old pushrods and lifters) it was a mixture of centered and off centered lifters. From a geometry stand point I think all of them were straight, the offset corrected that. If you notice the hole on your stage heads, it may have been widened oblong to account for the shift. I will try to get some pics tomorrow to verify.