*sniff* The Tower Is Gone!

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
Lets have a moment of silence.

Today, in an unfortunate event, the dragstrip tower of HRP burned down.

Apparently, while electrical lines were being disconnected, a spark may have ignited the termite infested lumber. On-site reports say it went up pretty fast.

SAa goodbye to a Hawaii Motorsports Icon...

Damn that sucks, I never did get to see the view from up there.

Rob, do you still have those Buick roof sections for me? If so, can I get them one of these days?

TurboJohn said:
Damn that sucks, I never did get to see the view from up there.

Rob, do you still have those Buick roof sections for me? If so, can I get them one of these days?

I do... when can you come get them?

UPPDATE, see today's paper for more info and a good shot of the teepee that remains...

HI85WH1 said:
I do... when can you come get them?

Rob, maybe on a upcoming weekend or holiday when you are off from work. Its no rush, I just wanted to be sure that you still had them.

I heard a rumor that the track might open up?

Now since the tower buned down I guess that won't happen. I think it was deliberately set.

TurboJohn said:
Rob, maybe on a upcoming weekend or holiday when you are off from work. Its no rush, I just wanted to be sure that you still had them.

I work weekends now...

you would have to catch me in the AM...

TURBOV6 said:
I heard a rumor that the track might open up?

Now since the tower buned down I guess that won't happen. I think it was deliberately set.

Jackson, the electrical power, timing equipt were already gone.

The tower was being taken down as it was termite eaten and a section of the roof had fallen in during the FSCS (according to dennis the announcer)

HI85WH1 said:
Jackson, the electrical power, timing equipt were already gone.

The tower was being taken down as it was termite eaten and a section of the roof had fallen in during the FSCS (according to dennis the announcer)

Cool thanks for the info. I heard a rumor that the track was going to open month by month and someone privately was is going to run it. After I heard this and then the tower burned down that made me think someone deliberatly set it on fire so the track will no re open.

TURBOV6 said:
Cool thanks for the info. I heard a rumor that the track was going to open month by month and someone privately was is going to run it. After I heard this and then the tower burned down that made me think someone deliberatly set it on fire so the track will no re open.

FWIW, We all hope for that... They would need to re-string electrical, address cesspool issues or install porta-potties (Then what about the snack bar?) Timing equipt, guardrails are coming out, tires are being disposed of (est. 30K tires disposal is $2 ea), yadayadayada...

More and more parts in my car, no place to play with it... No track is not stopping me from building it... just keeping me from being able to legally "test" it... LOL

There will always be cruise nights...