Smog Certification Required in Colorado?

Terbro

Has Member
I'm moving to CO in a couple of months (from CA), and am curious to know if there is any smog certification or emissions equipment inspection required to register the vehicular in that state.

I don't really want to give up my custom CA vanity license plate. BTW, why do people block out their plate in pics? Is there some way to locate a person (stealing the car is actually the concern) by the license plate (someone non-law enforcement)?

TIA,
Terry

Do you know if it's limited to the metropolitan areas? Some small rural counties may not require it?

Terbro said:
Do you know if it's limited to the metropolitan areas? Some small rural counties may not require it?

Not all counties have emissions testing. It is limited to the front range.

Whooshmobile said:
Not all counties have emissions testing. It is limited to the front range.

What does "front range" mean? I'll be living in Fountain...just near Colo Springs.

TIA,
Terry

my85grandnation said:
They are thinking of getting rid of emissions testing here in the springs soon anyways.

That'd be great. If they could nix it by Sep. 21st, that'd be really great. That's the day I'm comin' in.

Any local car club groups or meetings in Colo Springs?

It wont be gone by then but you living in fountain might have you out of the elpaso county area that is basically the springs which requires testing.

Emissions test in CO

Rocky Mountain Buick GS Club chapter of **** meets in Denver area on 1st Thursday of each month. We have various club activities throughout year.