Slicks help?

is this including like those huge m/t and hooiser tires that you see on all the cars? i basicly wanna bolt on some slicks when i decided to go to a track so i get good traction...

A 26 X 9.0 will fit like a stock tire would and would give you plenty of traction. I don't like the hassle of slicks personally or like the way they handle and I'm not really going fast enough (mid to high 11's) to where they would make much of a difference over drag radials (not enough to justify them to me anyways), but some people love them and swear by them.

I prefer the slicks over the drag radials, my 60ft's are not that much better on the slicks, but I can hold more boost at the line and the car launches Harder!:)

I never had much luck launching with drag radials, they spin like any other radial tire for me and only last a tenth of the time a radial does. Slicks brought my 60's right down into the 1.6 range (26 X 9). They are a hassle swapping out but worth it if you want to see some good ET's.

Originally posted by fast86gn
I prefer the slicks over the drag radials, my 60ft's are not that much better on the slicks, but I can hold more boost at the line and the car launches Harder!:)

That's because you haven't tried 275/60 drag radials, yet, Mr. Newton. They would even help you get more top end than you currently have, believe it or not. I'd get some new injectors, first, though :)

The injectors are top on my list!
I do have some slicks now they're 28X9's!!

Originally posted by UNGN

That's because you haven't tried 275/60 drag radials, yet, Mr. Newton.

Damn Chris, you make me feel old!! hehehehehe

Of course the only drag radials I have tried are the 255-16's because that is all they have for a 16 inch wheel. I have 26 X 9 slicks mounted on a pair of stock 15 inch wheels.

Best Time on radials= 8.39@86mph (8th mile)
Best Time on slicks= 8.01@88mph (8th mile)

They work for me:D

Originally posted by GNJeremy
Best Time on radials= 8.39@86mph (8th mile)
Best Time on slicks= 8.01@88mph (8th mile)

They work for me:D

Here's mine!
Drag Radials 7.80@89mph 1/8mile
Slicks 7.69@90.5mph 1/8mile

Originally posted by fast86gn

Here's mine!
Drag Radials 7.80@89mph 1/8mile
Slicks 7.69@90.5mph 1/8mile

Drag radials 7.353@93.33 1/8th mile
Slicks I stopped messing with slicks back in the 8's