single 3" or dual 2 1/2 exhaust?

chiken

DUDE NICE MONTE!
what do you guys think of the torque tech single 3"? i was going to get the hooker 2 1/2 but then i saw the single 3". besides the wieght differnce are there any other benifits? im not sure witch one i want.:confused:

I have a custom 3" with a flowmaster race muffler. It drones like hell at ~ 45 mph. Really annoying. It's very quiet on the highway though.

3" single is better, it comes out of the turbo as a single no point in splitting it back to duals other than to help remove drone. If drone at city speed isn't acceptable to you, I'd reccommend not getting a single exhaust. They all drone, just more or less depending on muffler or if you actually have a cat (heh I think I've seen like one modified TR ever with a catalytic on it)

My opinion:

Anything other than the dual side exiting exhaust is just unholy on a Buick TR.
:D

Plus, I can't imagine that the weight difference would matter that much. It's not like you're talking about 100lbs.

Plus, I would think that you'd be happier with the sound of the duals rather than the single shot (single shot is kinda raspy).

:D
Rich

It's a matter of personal preference. "Loud" varies from individual to individual.

I ran a 3" Single for a couple of years. Ultimately concluded (with urging from my wife and daughter) that it was just too loud. Just right for some, too loud for me.

Switched to the dual 2 1/2" system and it was significantly quieter, at all RPM's.

The 2 1/2" system was 20 pounds heavier, and more expensive. I noticed no performance difference at the track when switching and running both systems capped up.

If I had it to do over again, I would of gone straight to the duals.

Take it from one who has recently been there. Go with the dual system by all means. The drone from the single exhaust will get to you very quickly. Makes a great earwax remover though:eek: . I went with the Hooker system, can't beat the price and fit in my opinion. I use my electric exhaust cutout when I want it to be louder.:D

Yep, the single does drone quite a bit, especially at 45-50 mph. I have the ATR SS Single Shot w/SS Pitbull muffler on the 87, and it'll drive ya nuts with the drone, especially at low hwy speeds. Above about 60-65 it gets much quieter/more mellow. It dan sure gets people's attention when you drive by though....LOL.

3" dp and a 4" catback is NICE:D :D LOUD as all hell. Call Mufflex in NJ and they will make anything you want and ship it to you.
Ask for Denin