"Simple" Low 10 sec Combo from my resto project.

Eticket

I think of it as simple anyway.

Still working on suspension mods to get the 60ft's down, but here's what can be had:

Champion mild ported GN1's - 7-8 year old castings, but not the original castings.
Stock crank, rods, and TRW pistons
212-212 comp cams flat tappet cam - yes guys still use flat tappets
Precision Plenum with RJC plate - I used to not be a believer
Precision 6765 dbb water cooled cast wheeled turbo
Extreme automatics stage 2 trans shifting at 5500 - Thanks Lonnie
Extreme automatics V1 intercooler
PTC 9.5 nl converter - Thanks Dusty
Fast XFI - with tuning tips from Cal Hartline
275 pro drag radials

This is after technically my 4th track outing - all traction limited - hopefully will be corrected over the next couple of weekends.

Boost was about 23 psi on these runs with just a touch over at times. Also boost limited - needing more wastegate spring.

Unfortunately, I blew the tires off in the race pass and didn't get my point for team buick.

Enjoy

image.jpg

I think of it as simple anyway.

Still working on suspension mods to get the 60ft's down, but here's what can be had:

Champion mild ported GN1's - 7-8 year old castings, but not the original castings.
Stock crank, rods, and TRW pistons
212-212 comp cams flat tappet cam - yes guys still use flat tappets
Precision Plenum with RJC plate - I used to not be a believer
Precision 6765 dbb water cooled cast wheeled turbo
Extreme automatics stage 2 trans shifting at 5500 - Thanks Lonnie
Extreme automatics V1 intercooler
PTC 9.5 nl converter - Thanks Dusty
Fast XFI - with tuning tips from Cal Hartline
275 pro drag radials

This is after technically my 4th track outing - all traction limited - hopefully will be corrected over the next couple of weekends.

Boost was about 23 psi on these runs with just a touch over at times. Also boost limited - needing more wastegate spring.

Unfortunately, I blew the tires off in the race pass and didn't get my point for team buick.

Enjoy

View attachment 204926

Great combo set up I have a similar combo but what injectors did you use.

80lb high impedance injectors - roughly in the 65% duty cycle range I think. I do like the way the car responds with these.
staged walbro 340 double pumper setup through stock lines.

Race gas w/high timing or alky and moderate timing? Are you using external gate and boost controller or tuner style. If tuner style, from my understanding, all is needed is a controller and turn up from there. I hope it works this way cause i hate opening and closing the gate after adding springs. Nice runs....Hoping to lay it down like this in a few weeks!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I really do like the turbo. I really liked that 4276 too on my old car. VP c16 fuel - no alky for me. I may actually try Q16 on the next round of fuel purchases. Timing = just enough I think, others have run more or less. I'm hoping to go another few mph with it the way it is. Then I have a secret turbo upgrade I might try.

I have an innovative boost controller that right now isn't doing much and an external waste gate. Taking more and more spring to get the boost up - downside is that I don't have Co2, so even with the boost controller, I can't turn the launch boost down enough.

87WE4 - good luck to you.. watch your tune-up and make sure everything is working the best you can.

Those runs were on the T-brake but foot braking was about the same 60ft for now.