Setting up my new 2 step

riviera

Need a little help i have my 2 step set up for 3000 rpm but it still breaking the tire free and its not breaking up the motor, when the car is in park it builds 5lbs of boost and the motor is breaking up like it should. Do i need to set the box at a lower rpm or do something diffrent

Yes try a lower rpm and that should lower the boost try 2800 then 2600 . That's what I love about my boost controller I can ramp the boost how ever I want . If I'm spinning I have the boost come in slower . But try that

Yes try a lower rpm and that should lower the boost try 2800 then 2600 . That's what I love about my boost controller I can ramp the boost how ever I want . If I'm spinning I have the boost come in slower . But try that
What controller do you have?

I have the TR6 and from many hours of tinkering with it, I'd say to set it as low (rpm) as you as you can go and still get the boost you desire to launch with within a reasonable amount of time (assuming you have a loose enough T.C. doesn't sound like you do if the tires are breaking loose).
Another thing I have learned, I don't know if your system allows you to add a delay from the moment you launch but if it does, try setting it for about a second or 2 after you release the brake and it will actually act like a makeshift traction control.
The TR6 doesn't have this "feature" but out of coincidence the time it took the pedal to return to the brake switch did it in my setup, I have since moved it to a button on the shifter that allows me to engage the 2-step as traction control at launch or down the street lol
Is it the right way? I do not know. I am just sharing my experience.

I have the TR6 and from many hours of tinkering with it, I'd say to set it as low (rpm) as you as you can go and still get the boost you desire to launch with within a reasonable amount of time (assuming you have a loose enough T.C. doesn't sound like you do if the tires are breaking loose).
Another thing I have learned, I don't know if your system allows you to add a delay from the moment you launch but if it does, try setting it for about a second or 2 after you release the brake and it will actually act like a makeshift traction control.
The TR6 doesn't have this "feature" but out of coincidence the time it took the pedal to return to the brake switch did it in my setup, I have since moved it to a button on the shifter that allows me to engage the 2-step as traction control at launch or down the street lol
Is it the right way? I do not know. I am just sharing my experience.

You want your 2 step set where you make the most torque. And where you have your converter stalled at . As far as traction control that’s he beauty of the boost leash . You can set the boost to come in as fast or as slow as you want . So if I’m spining out the hole I will adjust the ramp rate and have the Boost come in alil slower till I find that sweet spot . If you have your 2 step set to Low you will just bog down and if it’s below your stall it will just bog down even harder .

You want your 2 step set where you make the most torque. And where you have your converter stalled at . As far as traction control that’s he beauty of the boost leash . You can set the boost to come in as fast or as slow as you want . So if I’m spining out the hole I will adjust the ramp rate and have the Boost come in alil slower till I find that sweet spot . If you have your 2 step set to Low you will just bog down and if it’s below your stall it will just bog down even harder .
On mine (275 BFG tires) any higher and I just blow the tires off...lol The boost controller takes care of the rest after the 2-step is done.

On mine (275 BFG tires) any higher and I just blow the tires off...lol The boost controller takes care of the rest after the 2-step is done.
Yea the bfg tires don’t hook up no matter what you try . That’s why I run the nittos n555 they are the longest lasting drag radial I’ve found that actully hook up somewhat decent . The mickey Ts are the best for traction just don’t last like the nittos and are almost double the price .