Sequential Dual Fuel System.

If you have "either/or" fuel systems, that shouldn't happen. The engine would just shut off if system didn't function properly.
Conrad

Well after talking with some MFI experts, it looks like what I want to do is not actually a true MFI system.

I would use a few MFI parts, and a few EFI parts. Turns out MFI works based on a return system.

What I would have is basically a big boost referenced alky kit when it's all said and done... Instead of a barrell valve it would have a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator with an electronic fuel shot off valve that would control when the methanol is released into the engine.

The fuel shut off valve would stay in the closed position while the gasoline injectors are running, and then would open at a preset PSI, and the fuel flow would be varied by the fuel pressure regulator like it does on the stock system.

It would basically go from the fuel cell to the pump, then to a Fuel pressure regulator, then to the shut off valve, then to the fuel distribution block and the injectors/nozzles. The fuel pressure regulator is what would control the amount of fuel the system puts out. It works on the same principals as MFI, but since it is for WOT only it is a much simpler system than a full MFI setup.

Got a lot of research to do on it, because this is only a theoretical design right now. Got to see what's out there and what has been done. The real reason Im thinking so hard on this is the fact that I am about to start putting together an LSX based turbo Texas mile Fbody. MFI and land speed racing go hand in hand, but if I can test the ideas on the GN then converting it to the race car will be no big deal!

Well after talking with some MFI experts, it looks like what I want to do is not actually a true MFI system.

I would use a few MFI parts, and a few EFI parts. Turns out MFI works based on a return system.

What I would have is basically a big boost referenced alky kit when it's all said and done... Instead of a barrell valve it would have a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator with an electronic fuel shot off valve that would control when the methanol is released into the engine.

The fuel shut off valve would stay in the closed position while the gasoline injectors are running, and then would open at a preset PSI, and the fuel flow would be varied by the fuel pressure regulator like it does on the stock system.

It would basically go from the fuel cell to the pump, then to a Fuel pressure regulator, then to the shut off valve, then to the fuel distribution block and the injectors/nozzles. The fuel pressure regulator is what would control the amount of fuel the system puts out. It works on the same principals as MFI, but since it is for WOT only it is a much simpler system than a full MFI setup.

Got a lot of research to do on it, because this is only a theoretical design right now. Got to see what's out there and what has been done. The real reason Im thinking so hard on this is the fact that I am about to start putting together an LSX based turbo Texas mile Fbody. MFI and land speed racing go hand in hand, but if I can test the ideas on the GN then converting it to the race car will be no big deal!

I've been doing this very type of system for years now. First experimenting was done around 2001. I'm going through a refinement of the system at this time that will further separate the E-injectors from the M-nozzles. The M-nozzles will have their own fuel pump, a specially picked boost referenced regulator, and fuel lines. Both systems will share the same fuel cell as I run 100% methanol in both systems. Your configuration, as you explained it, will work. The only thing I'm not sure about is the mixing of the two fuels. If you planning on cutting off the gasoline when the alcohol turns on, you're going to need a very robust aux fuel system. It will need to provide a lot of fuel. That's why I incorporate both systems under high load. You need a lot of fuel when burning methanol. With 224 cid at 7,500 rpm, I was at 245 lb/hr/cyl. The current refinement should give me even more. It would be hard to get that much and have proper atomization out of one M-nozzle per cylinder. Atomization is important with methanol.

I authored this thread to cover my adventures refining and tuning my strange fuel system. This should get you caught up.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/226149-advancement-fuel-delivery.html