SD2 / Powerlogger Pro 2014 Update - Flexfuel

dank,

Nicely done, that is how I want to do mine. Hopefully soon.
Yes I thought it came out alright . Plumed to my return Line . The fitting for the Teflon Hose where more expensive then the sensor lol

On the overboost protection, does the Ethanol content tables affect these values or do we have to adjust them if the ethanol content changes?

Thanks
David

its not linked to the fuel composition, but thats a good idea.

I'll put that on the to-do list.

Bob

Hi Guys,
I'm starting this new thread since the other one was getting pretty long.

Bob and I have been working on some updates and it is ready for release. The main feature is the addition of flexfuel capability. In other words, you can connect a flexfuel sensor to the ECM, it will read the fuel composition, and automatically adjust fuel, spark, and boost duty cycle (if using the stock type solenoid).

The amount that fuel, spark, and boost are adjusted can be changed by the user in the Powerlogger software (PLC). Bob has added some tables in the software to allow these adjustments.

The flexfuel addition requires an update to the SD2 chip. This can be purchased ($20 and free shipping, you send back old chip) in my webstore, www.turbotweakstore.com. This is a direct link to the upgrade: http://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1029-SD2-upgrade1.2

You will also need to download and install the newest PLC.exe file, and reflash your Powerlogger. Make sure you save your tune before the reflash! Note that currently, saving the tune does not save the values in the BLM grid, so make note of those. Everything else on the tune page is saved.

The ethanol content is displayed in PLC, as well as the Scanmaster. When flexfuel mode is enabled, it will automatically adjust the Fuel Composition parameter (param 13) based on ethanol content. This mode is turned on by entering "4" into the Options box on the parameters page. Note that if you are using other options, they need to be added together and entered into this box.

There are some other tables that have been added. They look like this:

View attachment 226323

The ones that have to do with ethanol content are labeled BST_Alc, SPK_Alc, and ETH_C.
Notice the tables are labeled from 128 to 192. This is the eth content, with 128 being 0%, and 192 being 100% eth.
For boost, it shows how much duty cycle is added depending on eth content.
For spark, it shows how much advance is added depending on eth content.
In the ETH_C table, it shows how much fuel is added depending on eth content.

There is more in there that was added, but I'll let you digest that for now.

Eric
Eric can you explain the rest of the table values?

Have been off the site for quite a while, I am happy to see this advancement since the last time I was reading about the SD2. Cant wait to get back to working on the Buick.

Hi Guys,
I'm starting this new thread since the other one was getting pretty long.

Bob and I have been working on some updates and it is ready for release. The main feature is the addition of flexfuel capability. In other words, you can connect a flexfuel sensor to the ECM, it will read the fuel composition, and automatically adjust fuel, spark, and boost duty cycle (if using the stock type solenoid).

There are some other tables that have been added. They look like this:

View attachment 226323

The ones that have to do with ethanol content are labeled BST_Alc, SPK_Alc, and ETH_C.
Notice the tables are labeled from 128 to 192. This is the eth content, with 128 being 0%, and 192 being 100% eth.
For boost, it shows how much duty cycle is added depending on eth content.
For spark, it shows how much advance is added depending on eth content.
In the ETH_C table, it shows how much fuel is added depending on eth content.

There is more in there that was added, but I'll let you digest that for now.

Eric
So, Just to be clear. My flex fuel sensor is installed and plugged into the MAF plug. Now just set option parameter to 4 and no adjustments will be needed major or minor? That assuming my 93 and alky tune is correct.

For those that have done this what tweaks and where did you have to make them?

So, Just to be clear. My flex fuel sensor is installed and plugged into the MAF plug. Now just set option parameter to 4 and no adjustments will be needed major or minor? That assuming my 93 and alky tune is correct.
Assuming you have the 93 tune and the E85 tune squared away, and the blend tables are set up ok, then you should be fine. For starters, I would zero out the SPK_Alc table until you start tuning with E85 to see how much extra spark you want to run (if any).

Assuming you have the 93 tune and the E85 tune squared away, and the blend tables are set up ok, then you should be fine. For starters, I would zero out the SPK_Alc table until you start tuning with E85 to see how much extra spark you want to run (if any).

Alright, 93 tune is ok.
Never ran e85, so I will have to enable the flex fuel option zero out the spark adder. Then tune the e85 setup.
I think I got it. I will drive out the rest of the 93, add e85 and tune.
Have a report soon.

Getting on this thread a little late sorry for repeat questions if any.

Can I buy an SD2 chip with an E85 and 93 tune already on it?

No, the tuning needs to be done by the user. There are some initial defaults that are set in the chip, but its basic stuff like injector size, and fuel composition, but those are easily changed by the user.